Is this a C. difficile relapse?

Since c-diff is a disease of the "lower half", so to speak, we find that many of our members cannot refrain from discussing what comes out the bottom end. If you must do it, please do it here.
YoungFn
New User

Is this a C. difficile relapse?

Postby YoungFn » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:12 am

So I was done talking my medication a little over a week ago and my pain went away and it didn’t hurt to eat but since yesterday I’ve had abdominal pain and this morning when I went to the bathroom there was a excessive amount of mucus in the stool. Could this be a sign that C. difficile is coming back?

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Re: Is this a C. difficile relapse?

Postby NanciT » Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:24 am

Everyone is different, it does become a wait and see. If you find symptoms increasing and suddenly D continues to increase call your GI.
The one symptoms we do see with relapse is D that continues and does not go away, each time I relapsed all my symptoms came back...sometimes worse then the original time

NanciT

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Re: Is this a C. difficile relapse?

Postby georgina » Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:57 am

That doesn't necessarily mean that you are relapsing , mucus is a sign of irritation and not a classic sign of a relapse. Having cramps and mucus discharges can indicate a IBS flare up . Of course , if those symptoms don't subside and you start having D along with them you should go see you doctor.

Return to “Too Much Information”