8 days following FMT, just ready to feel better

Since c-diff is a disease of the "lower half", so to speak, we find that many of our members cannot refrain from discussing what comes out the bottom end. If you must do it, please do it here.
NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Re: 8 days following FMT, just ready to feel better

Postby NanciT » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:17 am

Sorry you are going through all of this, it can wreak havoc emotionally and unless one has walked in these shoes, its difficult to understand. I would agree with your GI on waiting if things seem to be slowly improving. Testing can so often get people in a terrible cycle. I never did test through relapses and went by symptoms, looking back I am glad I did it that way. I did not have an FMT but post Dificid taper I did test about 6 wks out when I was sure it was back after having 3 days of D with alot of pain, I was shocked when it was negative.
I went very slow on the diet and things I used to eat seem to cause me alot of problems, fruit, salad caused me a great deal of issues. The food diary is perfect, I did one and it helped a great deal. I would try a tiny amount of Peanut better, wait a day and then try a bit more. It's a slow process and I am still tired of chicken although that is mainly what I eat! I found using a crockpot there are various ways to add things to chicken using chicken stock. I started with potatoes, then carrots and eventually green beans.
If things slowly improve but you still have IBS symptoms, remember there are medications that can help. I took Levsin which helped me get through this. Check with your GI
Hopefully things will slowly improve, sometimes its 3 steps forward, 1 step back but you will get there

NanciT

MrsM25
Regular Contributor

Postby MrsM25 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:51 pm

Thanks NanciT, peanut butter has worked well so far. It’s been 2 weeks and 1 day since my FMT and I feel like I’m improving ever so slightly each day. After having those episodes last week and being in severe pain, I cut myself down to an extremely bland diet and have been adding things one at a time every day. Still keeping my food journal. I am able to eat toast with a little butter or peanut butter on it, English muffins with a little butter on it, boiled egg noodles, plain Cheerios, Lipton noodle soup, baked potatoes with a little butter and salt, graham crackers, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, roasted chicken, Rice Krispies with the rice milk (think I may try with almond milk soon), I made a soup with chicken bone broth, chicken, egg noodles and potatoes last night, and I tried a very small amount of decaf coffee this morning (so far so good). I added in a tsp of benefiber yesterday to a glass of water and it actually really seemed to help with the mucus. I did another tsp again today. I will slowly up it if I do well on it. My BM’s are still mushy and not formed most of the time but the abdominal pain has greatly diminished with the absence of the mucus.
I was able to wake up yesterday morning, get ready and take my son to preschool and take my daughter to an appointment without full on fear. I see glimpses of my normal life reappearing and it gives me hope that there is an end to this somewhere. Praying I stay on the path of healing and no relapses this time.

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Postby NanciT » Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:05 am

Sounds like you are improving, I ate a very similar diet for a long time. I moved on to things like Chicken made in a crock pot with Carrots and green beans that are really cooked well. Sometimes I would add potatoes.Cooked all day...actually turned out very good. Everything you listed is what I did and then slowly added foods. The gut needs to heal. Small steps...you may have an off day, try not to panic. Its a process of recovery
You WILL get there!!
NanciT

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:41 pm

I did the same. Feel better!

MrsM25
Regular Contributor

Postby MrsM25 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:29 pm

I added eggs today and seem to do fine. Anyone have any other suggestions on what to add next? I was thinking boiled carrots to try and get a veggie in there finally. I’m kind of at a loss as to what to try now. I guess I could try like a white fish or something too. I also have a spaghetti squash here I was thinking about possibly trying to make. I just don’t want to push it too much since I’ve been feeling good but it’s so tiring eating this diet. I also haven’t tried bananas yet or applesauce since I cut back to my extremely bland diet. My mom called me and said that she made me homemade applesauce.
Has anyone had a good or bad experience with Parmesan cheese? I haven’t tried any dairy yet besides butter but I’ve been wondering if I could sprinkle a little on my noodles...or is that playing with fire? Hahaha! I literally have a completely normal appetite so I want to eat everything but i know I can’t. It’s so hard.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:25 am

I do ok with applesauce, but not bananas. Boiled carrots and zucchini are ok for me too. Actually, I steam them until they are soft. Baked potatoes or rice. I also eat boiled potatoes and now mashed, but not in the beginning. I make creamed spinach using rice milk.

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:15 am

You can definitely try fish , it is very bland and easy to digest . I ate a lot of fish , grilled sea bass was my favorite with baked potatoes and steamed carrots and green beans on the side.

MrsM25
Regular Contributor

Postby MrsM25 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:17 am

My judgement is bad because I could tolerate basically everything while I was on Vanco. The food intolerances cake after my FMT and being off of the vanco. Last night I was extremely gassy and had some mucus for the first time since starting the benefiber but had a pretty formed, soft looking BM this morning which is so awesome! Yay me! Lol! So, I don’t know if the egg caused me to have a reaction with the gas and mucus? But it didn’t give me D so I don’t know.

Return to “Too Much Information”