Trying to figure out if fats are causing problems

Since c-diff is a disease of the "lower half", so to speak, we find that many of our members cannot refrain from discussing what comes out the bottom end. If you must do it, please do it here.
christyn
Regular User

Trying to figure out if fats are causing problems

Postby christyn » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:51 am

Hello everyone,

I apologize if this is not the right place to post this question. I decided this might be the best place in case the discussion gets too TMI.

I have been trying to introduce new foods into my diet and not sure what could be causing the problem. My nutritionist has been wanting me to introduce avocado and almonds in the form of milk or meal because he says they are gut healers. I was doing good with eating 1/2 of an avocado every couple of days and drinking 1 cup of almond milk on days I do not eat avocado. I have done this for several weeks. But yesterday I got brave and tried almond milk for breakfast and then avocado for a snack mid-afternoon and was in the bathroom within the hour of the avocado.

Is there anyone else having issues with processing fats? Is it really going to be that slow of a process?

Thanks for the help.
Christy

Lisa33
Long Time Contributor

Re: Trying to figure out if fats are causing problems

Postby Lisa33 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:00 am

It's hard to answer this question as everybody is truly different in recovery after c-diff. For some, adding back fats is totally fine, and for others, it can take months and months. For me, I ate pretty bland for a while after c-diff. Once I felt comfortable, I added back foods slowly. Greens were really the only thing I had trouble with. However, I did have post infectious IBS, but it was not triggered by foods. Stress and nerves would definitely bring it on, but I could never pinpoint any foods. I think if you notice that there is a food that triggers it, then stay away from it for a while longer. Your gut isn't ready for it yet. Try it again in another couple of weeks. It can be a slow process for many.

Lisa

Ril
Long Time Contributor

Re: Trying to figure out if fats are causing problems

Postby Ril » Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:25 am

I agree with Lisa. I too had severe PI IBS for a very long time and my main food intolerances were high fiber foods however at the beginning many things bothered me.
Chances are if you were in the bathroom that quickly your gut could not tolerate the avocado/milk combo so avoid it at this time. I stayed on a bland diet for a very long time and that seems to be the best plan. Adding foods slowly is safest for your gut and tells you what you can tolerate.

Rita

Return to “Too Much Information”