The length of the turd

Since c-diff is a disease of the "lower half", so to speak, we find that many of our members cannot refrain from discussing what comes out the bottom end. If you must do it, please do it here.
Kristin
Regular User

The length of the turd

Postby Kristin » Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:40 pm

Hey all,

I've been cdiff free for 3 weeks. It may not seem like much but for me it's a big deal! I have a new "normal" now of going poop once a day to every other day. The poops are completely solid but they are long! Like inches wise. I've never ever had poops this long. Like my colon completely gets cleaned out or something. Can anyone else relate to this?

roy
Administrator

Re: The length of the turd

Postby roy » Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:46 pm

The only time to worry is if there's still toothpaste on the end of it.

Kristin
Regular User

Postby Kristin » Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:52 pm

What in the world does that mean???? I have never heard that saying before hahahah.

OCmama
Regular Contributor

Postby OCmama » Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:46 pm

That is hilarious :-)

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:14 am

If it's solid and formed , it's great , things like shape or color (other then tarry black) or smell don't really matter.

Ril
Long Time Contributor

Postby Ril » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:30 am

Kristin, welcome to Roy's wonderful sense of humor!

Kristin
Regular User

Postby Kristin » Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:34 am

It's hilarious. I really do appreciate it. Well, I ended up having mucousy/diarrheay poop this morning. With lots of cramping. This is how I started cdiff the last 2 times. And I was supposed to go on a vacation this weekend with my family. To say I'm devestated is an understatement.

Kristin
Regular User

Postby Kristin » Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:39 am

Well I called my doctor to tell them I want a stool sample kit toot sweet. I know the results won't come back until after the weekend though. :( We leave for vacation tomorrow. I wonder if my doc will just put in a vanco prescription just in case I start the dreaded 20xs a day diarrhea.

Lisa33
Long Time Contributor

Postby Lisa33 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:44 am

If it's just one mucousy, D poop, don't be alarmed just yet. Unless it 3 or more all watery D BMs for 3 days in a row, it's probably just the normal roller-coaster ride of recovery. It is good to have a treatment plan in place in case things do downhill though. Are you taking probiotics? I found that probiotics can lead to change in BM habits. For some, they make you more regular. Loose, semi-formed stools are also a good sign that recovery is happening. You just don't want the watery D. Good luck and hopefully it's just an off day.

Kristin
Regular User

Postby Kristin » Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:24 pm

I have had zero IBS or food intolerance issues since being off antibiotics the last 3 weeks. This is the first day having loose mucousy poop. A major red flag in my book because the last time the diarrhea went from 0-20 times in just a 24 hour period. I also feel very run down and sick. My doc knows this is how it started the last 2 times so she's already ordering a kit. I pray it's not the case but I'd rather be safe than sorry. I started taking probiotics twice a day when this all started 2 months ago and have had no adverse effects to them except more gas, so I highly doubt it's the probiotics. Trying to stay positive but from what I know the last 2 times it doesn't look good.

amg
Regular Contributor

Postby amg » Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:09 pm

Oh, you poor thing. It sounds like you know what a relapse feels like, and this could be one. Have you tried Dificid yet? Or a taper of it, since you have already relapsed a couple of times. Hang in there!

Kristin
Regular User

Postby Kristin » Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:13 pm

I haven't tried dificid yet but am going to definitely suggest it when my results come back. I'm almost positive it's a relapse. Smells and looks just like cdiff. I've started back on the brat diet. I'm also going to suggest an fmt to my doc because this is the 3rd time having this in 3 months. Having a 3 month old and continuing to have this is so discouraging and exhausting. I just want it gone. For good.

How long does it normally take for results to come back? I told them to test for both toxins a and b. If I remember right I got them back within 2 days. But I know the weekend is coming up and I hope to have them back before Saturday. The lab tech said she's sending it out now.

MKW
Regular Contributor

Postby MKW » Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:59 pm

Kristin, after my third recurrence i went to a new doctor that helped me find a hospital lab that could perform the test for me with same day results. And they are open 24 hrs, and my doctor just put in a lab order that's good for six months. My first doctor was using Quest labs, and it took 2-4 days for results. Hopefully this will be your last time you ever need to get tested! But just in case, you should check into other avenues for the testing.

Kristin
Regular User

Postby Kristin » Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:06 pm

Thank you for that info.! It's especially difficult with a 3 month old to travel to the hospital to pick up the kit and then drive back home, wait to have a bowel movement and get the sample, then drive all the way back to the hospital the same day to turn it in....all to only get results 2-4 days out.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:24 pm

The doctor can request that they fax the results immediately when they have them or call the office. Maybe you can ask your doctor's office to do that. Or you can call tomorrow afternoon and ask the doctor's office to call the lab to see if they have your results. Taking vanco along with you is probably a good idea. I took Pepto Bismol and it helped me. Ask if you can take that meanwhile.

Return to “Too Much Information”