The length of the turd

Since c-diff is a disease of the "lower half", so to speak, we find that many of our members cannot refrain from discussing what comes out the bottom end. If you must do it, please do it here.
Kristin
Regular User

Re: The length of the turd

Postby Kristin » Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:27 pm

I'm on sad to say we actually cancelled our vacation because of it. I'm just feeling too ill to go and I'd hate to go and be miserable the whole time or accidentally give it to my family over there.

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:32 am

Sorry to hear you are sick and you had to cancel your vacation. When will you get your test results?

Kristin
Regular User

Postby Kristin » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:03 am

I think results usually take up to 2 days. But I woke up twice in the middle of the night with diarrhea and it's only 5am here so I have a lonnngggg day ahead of me. I can already feel this is going to be a 20+ time. I'm feeling incredibly sick. Horrible headache and like I could vomit as well (which is a new symptom for me). The poop is def cdiff style....like my intestinal lining is coming out.....we all know the type. I don't think I can even wait a whole day without starting meds so I'm going to call and see if they can prescribe early, before the results get back. They did that last time I relapsed because i started going 20 times a day and the vanco started working after a day and a half. So for sure calling the doctor as soon as they open. I cannot go through the whole weekend like this especially.

MKW
Regular Contributor

Postby MKW » Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:25 pm

Yes, Kristin you should not wait on the test to take meds if you feel sure it's C Diff. When I relapsed the second and third time my symptoms got severe within 24 hours. This is why I got so frustrated with the it taking days to wait on results. Fortunately each time I was told to go ahead and start Vanco just based on symptoms.

Kristin
Regular User

Postby Kristin » Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:55 pm

Yes exactly. I called the doctors office a couple of hours ago and still haven't heard anything. Very odd. Usually the triage nurse gets back to me within minutes. I'm hoping I hear from them soon so I can start getting relief.

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:31 am

If your symptoms are so aggressive they should not make you wait until results are out , they should start treating you based on symptoms. Hope you get relief soon, make sure you drink plenty of liquids to stay hydrated.

Return to “Too Much Information”