More water than poop?

Since c-diff is a disease of the "lower half", so to speak, we find that many of our members cannot refrain from discussing what comes out the bottom end. If you must do it, please do it here.
dignan
New User

More water than poop?

Postby dignan » Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:23 pm

Hey all,

Turns out I posted in the wrong section despite reading the rules. Anyway, I had a question about watery diarrhea for those who suffer from going to the bathroom 10+ times a day. I am familiar with what normal diarrhea may look like, but my experience so far is far more watery/clear discharge possibly with a tinge of color.

To me this isn't diarrhea but I am having it multiple times each day. I realize, from reading the rules, color has no significance on diagnosis etc of c diff, but is the description of watery diarrhea similar to what I have described. Colorless possibly, or consistency of water/mucus?

OCmama
Regular Contributor

Re: More water than poop?

Postby OCmama » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:18 pm

I had lots of mucus (yay). I told my daughters ID that I didn't have diarrhea anymore, just mucus. She told me that they are one and the same. All of the doctors I have seen consider 10+ movements of mucus to be diarrhea and to be very concerning. I have learned through my family's experience with C. diff poop that there is no one kind of C. diff poop. If you are having mucus and going over 3 times per day I would get tested.

dignan
New User

Postby dignan » Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:33 pm

Thank you for your reply. I plan on getting tested this week. I've been struggling to figure this out and not confuse it with previous constipation problems. I had a root canal and antibiotics back in Nov. 2016 and in December had these gas/bloating/diarrhea symptoms pop up....and it's been hellish ever since.

I've put up with it for a while. Changed my diet, lost weight etc, but not much has changed it.

I found the symptoms of diarrhea confusing since 10+ times per day you couldn't possibly letting our fecal matter...but in my case it's mucus with a tinge of brown/orange/red/yellow. It's a bummer.

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:58 pm

What you describe are definitely mucus attacks. I had those discharges every time I was relapsing , 24 h prior to my relapse I was on the toilet at least 10 times per day with only watery mucus discharge and after that the D hit. I would get tested if I were you , if you cannot submit a watery stool sample you can test the mucus.

Return to “Too Much Information”