Post c diff and post FMT

Since c-diff is a disease of the "lower half", so to speak, we find that many of our members cannot refrain from discussing what comes out the bottom end. If you must do it, please do it here.
georgina
Long Time Contributor

Re: Post c diff and post FMT

Postby georgina » Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:58 am

Zapper , if you indulge yourself you have to be ready to pay the price for it later. Mucus is a sign of irritated gut not a classic sign of relapse, and you irritated your gut with those empanadas. Go back to a bland diet and when things calm down reintroduce one new food at the time.

roy
Administrator

Postby roy » Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:27 pm

Adding to Georginas post.
Most people would not start adding new foods for several weeks or even several months after having their FMT.
Even then the wisest ones would only add one a week and the first attempt at that food might be a single spoonful.
No food will cause a relapse but it sure does cause irritation.

Zapper
Regular Contributor

Postby Zapper » Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:40 pm

Thank you everyone for helping keep my mind at ease. I do feel like I am doing better today. Very sad that the empanadas didn't settle well. Makes me very scared to eat out ever again. Says the only ingredients were chicken onion and red bell peppers but there might have been spices or something. They were also baked and not fried.
Sigh.

I have returned back to chicken rice and banana. I was able to eat sweet potato and regular potato no problem as well so there is some more variety.
Sad to think life will never return to its carefree self in regards to food.

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:04 am

Onions alone can flare up IBS!! Check out the FODMAP diet , you will see that onions are high offenders.

amg
Regular Contributor

Postby amg » Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:00 pm

Yup, onions were a likely culprit. And bell peppers could be too. My daughter had to go slow with reintroducing vegetables.

Zapper - you are young and will heal from this. At some point, you will be able to eat many more foods without thinking about it!

overit
Regular User

Postby overit » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:17 am

Zapper, I had extreme food sensitivities after FMT. For the first 3 months I was only eating very bland food: chicken and rice, sourdough toast (bc it's fermented) and some oats. I couldn't tolerate vegetables, fruits or dairy at all. Slowly but surely I was able to add those things back into my diet but it took a very long time. It was almost like introducing new foods to a baby.

Return to “Too Much Information”