C diff free for a year but have had diarrhea for almost two days

Since c-diff is a disease of the "lower half", so to speak, we find that many of our members cannot refrain from discussing what comes out the bottom end. If you must do it, please do it here.
hppyppy
New User

C diff free for a year but have had diarrhea for almost two days

Postby hppyppy » Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:24 am

Hi everyone,

I had a long battle with c diff that I finally cured last year (March 1st) however over the last two days, I have had diarrhea/extremely soft stool every time I go to the bathroom, although it's only been 3 times total. The last time was last night where the pain was so bad it woke me up and I ran to the bathroom. I've also had abdominal pain, cramping and a lot of gurgling. Does anyone with IBS ever get symptoms like this? I usually don't and that's why I'm concerned. Thank you for your responses.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Re: C diff free for a year but have had diarrhea for almost two days

Postby beth22 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:44 pm

Yes, IBS can give those symptoms, but maybe you just got a bug ate something that caused this.

KLor
Contributor

Postby KLor » Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:00 pm

Worrying though I know that symptom is, really stick to the 3-day rule--if this subsides, it was probably an IBS flare (I've had ones that sound similar), something you ate, or a bug.

maxny1
Regular Contributor

Postby maxny1 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:54 am

I am in a similar boat, after no symptoms for the past 2 months following a Vanco taper pulse.

Then D twice the past 2 days, and some "gurgling," and gas today. Arg. I thought I was out of the woods and on road to recovery. Pray this is just a winter stomach bug or something. I really don't want another course of abx, really hoping my flora is re-balancing on its own.

maxny1
Regular Contributor

Postby maxny1 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:35 am

Well, false alarm on my part, probably a stomach bug or restaurant food. Knock on wood. Hope you are in the clear as well, hppyppy. I have a lot on my plate right now as it is.

Return to “Too Much Information”