Praying its not back

Since c-diff is a disease of the "lower half", so to speak, we find that many of our members cannot refrain from discussing what comes out the bottom end. If you must do it, please do it here.
tanya12
Contributor

Praying its not back

Postby tanya12 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:35 pm

well today is 7 weeks and 1 day off vanco and the past two days not good. Yesterday, formed broken stool in the morning. Some nausea.. Yes I have not been eating great. NOt horrible but, adding things like crazy. Today, went this morning again, formed but all broken, then small pieces then got to work and small thin pieces all about 4 to 5 inches long .. Nausea, just feel kinda yuck.. I did eat breaded chicken with sauce yesterday and also two pieces of pizza wiith spinach last night.. I honestly did not think it would bother me because I have been doing so well and not had any issues. Now I have urgency and gas etc.. I am trying not to worry but, we all know how fast things can go south and honestly that's how I feel

Tsc1964
Regular Contributor

Re: Praying its not back

Postby Tsc1964 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:41 pm

Praying its just the food you ate, you've came so far an been doing well.

Musings
Regular Contributor

Postby Musings » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:49 pm

Red sauce can be very irritating (was for me long before c.diff) and spinach often causes bloating and excessive gas so would lean towards your issues being diet related over a relapse.

~Lauren

tanya12
Contributor

Postby tanya12 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:54 pm

I am hoping but its hard to to worry because ive eaten pizza since I stopped vanco so I don't know why It would bother me.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:50 pm

Pizza is a big offender. It may not have been the things you ate individually, but a combination that did not agree. Try eating bland for a couple of days and see if it helps you. There is always Pepto Bismol. When I get a flare, that is what I take and it usually works for me.

tanya12
Contributor

Postby tanya12 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:05 pm

Ive gone times now, within a half hour after eating.. Its soft but formed and broken.. I feel like im getting sick, have lower pelvic pain and back pain also. im nauseas. I just pray its a bug or food related.. 7 weeks and a day I really felt I was in the clear

Tsc1964
Regular Contributor

Postby Tsc1964 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:47 pm

Maybe get a call into dr. Hopefully things will settle down over weekend stay on bland diet. Praying for you! I knew with my relapse a week before mentioned to dr just didnt wana go on meds. But i dont think mine ever went away . I met with GI this week made plan an got ball rolling with insurance for FMT.

roy
Administrator

Postby roy » Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:14 pm

ANYTHING except watery D is normal!
Don't panic into testing.
Going after eating IS NOT c.diff.
Normal transit is 24 to 72 hours
Fast is about 12 hours.
NO WAY can what you eat come out in half an hour.
Relax for a few days, eat bland for several months and enjoy a good recovery

Ril
Long Time Contributor

Postby Ril » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:13 pm

Can't tell anything for sure but frankly your diet is not good. You are really rushing it. Some people can add foods quickly but that is not the norm. The usual is eating bland stuff for several months adding foods slowly. Red sauce, spice, heavy meats, fiber, alcohol, dairy, rich foods, fried foods, etc take a very long time to be tolerated. Nausea is not unusual. I struggled with it for months. As Roy said, you have no watery d and that's the hallmark of c diff. Anxiety increases bm's.
Try to relax and eat bland foods. Don't rush things. See if your gut settles down.

Rita

tanya12
Contributor

Postby tanya12 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:23 am

I have been a little bold lately with the food. I guess I should have expected a bad day here and there . I can't even say I've had 8 bad days out of the 52 post vanco. this morning was long smooth and formed , more like the usual . I'm just going to take it easy . I did notice that the Kiefer I drink yesterday morning had expired wasn't paying attention and I did notice it tasted a bit sour and clumpy
So I guess I had my freak out day for the month

s123
New User

Postby s123 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:26 pm

Hey Tanja, have your symptoms calmed down? I requested a test today so will hear back in a couple of days, but mine seem the same as yours. I think theres a high chance it could be the food I'm eating as well. What have the past few days been like for you?

tanya12
Contributor

Postby tanya12 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:53 am

Things are a lot better. Definitely just a bad day. Now I haven't gone much in two days. I will not test unless I have terrible symptoms. I will be 8 weeks off meds on Thursday so I am going to just keep hoping.

Return to “Too Much Information”