Probiotic and Enzyme Side Effects?

Since c-diff is a disease of the "lower half", so to speak, we find that many of our members cannot refrain from discussing what comes out the bottom end. If you must do it, please do it here.
KLor
Contributor

Probiotic and Enzyme Side Effects?

Postby KLor » Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:33 pm

Hi everyone,

Since this is the TMI forum, I'll just go ahead and say--as of today, I am having mushy BMs. Very different from the Bristol 3's and 4's that have become my norm. It has just been the one time, and I haven't gone more than 3 times today or since 1pm (it's now 5:30). It just worries me to have such a sudden and dramatic change.

Relapse, of course, is at the back of my head. I know it's unlikely and this sounds more like IBS, but there it is. I have also doubled my probiotic intake for the last week as I took uva ursi for a UTI. I have been doubling my intake of digestive enzymes, as well.

From any experience or anecdotal knowledge that you all have, could probiotics/enzymes be the likely culprit here? I am 6+ weeks off of Dificid, and I hope I wasn't fragile enough that uva ursi could cause a relapse this far out.

Any thoughts greatly appreciated. Thanks!

roy
Administrator

Re: Probiotic and Enzyme Side Effects?

Postby roy » Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:57 pm

More is not always better.
I would go back a couple of weeks and use that dose of natural supplements.
Although they are all labeled "natural" they are still foreign to your gut.

Return to “Too Much Information”