Black?

Since c-diff is a disease of the "lower half", so to speak, we find that many of our members cannot refrain from discussing what comes out the bottom end. If you must do it, please do it here.
ashtontw
Regular Contributor

Black?

Postby ashtontw » Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:27 pm

Alright so I tried to search the boards before posting but didn't find too much.

I've been trying to eat every couple of hours to gain my weight back. My stomach is not liking that and I'm constantly having stomach pain, mostly in my lower abdomen.

The last four days, I've noticed black specks/chunks when wiping. I know black is a sign of blood, so I've been FREAKING out. I put in a message for my GI but she has been in procedures this week and hasn't called back yet. I probably won't get a call back until tomorrow. I've already asked her for a poop test to check for other things since my symptoms aren't really C Diff anymore but constant pain and constant formed BMs and a constant urge to go...and now black pieces. Some are bigger pieces, some tiny specks, and some even look like little tiny strings. Every time I wipe. I've never seen this before or dealt with this the last two times.

I havent eaten anything that I can think of that would cause this??
Plain chicken
Potato bread
Peanut butter
Pretzels
Protein cookies (a plain tan colored cookie)

Can Vanco start causing side effects after long term use?? I was on 4x a day for 10 days, 3x a day for 7 days, then back up to 4x a day for 7 days due to symptoms coming back. Starting to taper 3x a day today. Can that be causing the stomach upset?? I've never had issues with the Vanco before.

Is this it? My third relapse, still not feeling any better, and now internally bleeding? Should I be afraid? I can't tell if it's my anxiety making me feel dizzy or if it's related to this but I don't have much strength. I do not wanna go back to the hospital. Can my primary doc check for blood?? I'm at a loss. As usual.

Davidtm
Regular Contributor

Re: Black?

Postby Davidtm » Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:43 pm

There are simple tests that can be done to check for blood in the stool. I'm sure your primary or urgent care can get this test ordered and checked quickly. I've heard bananas can cause black spots but I didn't see that on your food list. Not sure what's in those protein cookies or if that could cause it. i know any pepper or spices can cause it to show up. If you're concerned visit the primary or even better email them and see if they will get you a test.

ashtontw
Regular Contributor

Postby ashtontw » Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:52 pm

Thank you! I was able to get my work shift covered tomorrow and am going to see my primary. My GIs assistant called back and wanted to rule out me taking iron or pepto. Which I'm not. So she wants to see me but has no time in her schedule and is gonna call me in the morning. Really hoping to get answers and maybe my primary can at least jump start me with some tests so my GI can review by the time I can get in with her.

It's weird, my stool isn't all black just black spec that I see when I wipe. Really hope that doesn't mean a bleed. Nurse at my primary wants me to go to hospital but they always tell me that when I call with questions and I think I can wait it out until tomorrow morning. Lots of pain and cramping and large formed movements all day long and constant urge...I just want relief!!

amyc
Long Time Contributor

Postby amyc » Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:55 pm

Protein cookies could have some iron fortification. Breakfast cereal too.

Return to “Too Much Information”