Color after fmt

Since c-diff is a disease of the "lower half", so to speak, we find that many of our members cannot refrain from discussing what comes out the bottom end. If you must do it, please do it here.
susant
Regular Contributor

Color after fmt

Postby susant » Tue Sep 27, 2016 4:29 pm

I know we aren't supposed to focus on color but I have a question for those who had fmt. My stool still isn't good brown color. It appears yellow in the bowl and light light brown on the tp. Some others who had fmt have said their stool was brown after fmt. Mine is not. Are there any out there that had fmt and didn't have normal brown colored stool after fmt for a while? I had my fmt in July and still struggle with some cramping and gas and bloating. I just need this to work as it was my second one....

roy
Administrator

Re: Color after fmt

Postby roy » Tue Sep 27, 2016 4:59 pm

Susan
Please help yourself and use the search box regarding stool color!
That's been answered hundreds of times before!
Probably several times a week!

susant
Regular Contributor

Postby susant » Tue Sep 27, 2016 5:11 pm

Yes it has but I've not seen from people after fmt. I really thought it was a different question in regards to fmt therapy not following antibiotics. Thank you for the advice though. I had previously done a search.

overit
Regular User

Postby overit » Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:28 pm

I've had the same experience post FMT. I'm a little over 3 months post FMT and still not back to brown and occasionally get gas and bloating. I've tested negative and no longer have WD so I'm chalking it up to just being on the road to recovery.

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:52 am

Susan
If it's formed it's great , color doesn't matter !!Gas , bloating , cramping are normal after FMT and they can also be die-off symptoms , that is what my doctor told me.

Ril
Long Time Contributor

Postby Ril » Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:13 am

Color is color, and it doesn't matter when.
It is not a barometer for wellness or illness.
It is an indicator of many things but nothing to worry about at this point unless it is black or red indicating bleeding.
It has been said many times.

Return to “Too Much Information”