Post C-difff D and M

Since c-diff is a disease of the "lower half", so to speak, we find that many of our members cannot refrain from discussing what comes out the bottom end. If you must do it, please do it here.
Scop
New User

Post C-difff D and M

Postby Scop » Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:13 am

I am currently about 3 1/2 months past my second round of c-diff which was cured (I hope) with Dificid. For the most part, I'm doing pretty well. Still, about every three weeks I will have 2 or 3 days of diarrhea which will bring me just to the point of having the stool test. Then it goes away. The stools have not returned to normal in all this time. They are always very urgent and explosive. The thing that concerns me the most is the amount of mucus I continue to pass. I understand this is a sign of inflammation. Is there anything I can do to help heal my colon? My GI doc says he thinks I just have an irritable bowel now and doesn't seem to be concerned. Wants to see me again in 3 months. Any words of advice or encouragement?

code3rn
Regular Contributor

Re: Post C-difff D and M

Postby code3rn » Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:44 pm

Sorry to hear you are still having problems. How long did you have cdiff for? Some get Post infectious IBS and it can cause similar symptoms to cdiff. Others are no longer tolerant to all foods they once were. Have you tried to make a food diary and see if there is any correlation between what you eat and your bad days? Or try a fiber supplement? Hang in there! With time it should get better.

getwellsoon
Long Time Contributor

Postby getwellsoon » Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:54 am

I had mucous colitis when I finally got rid of CDiff. Dr. told me to use Metamucil to mask the mucous and it would go away. It did. Ask your Dr. but this is common after Cdiff infection. Hope you feel better soon.
CAROL

Scop
New User

Postby Scop » Wed Oct 19, 2016 5:30 pm

Sorry it took me awhile to get back and read the responses. I've been doing pretty well for the past month. To answer the first question, all total I had c-diff for about 6 weeks. At first it went undiagnosed as I was hospitalized upon returning from a trip to India with multiple infections. When diagnosed in hospital, I was put on Vancomycin for 10 days. Five days after finishing the treatment, the c-diff returned. I was put back on vanco but soon switched to Dificid for 10 days. That seemed to do the trick except, as I said, the diahrrea returns every 3 or 4 weeks. I don't have much mucus anymore, so I guess that's good. The c-diff first started around the 1st of April, so it has been a long saga.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:15 pm

It sounds as if you are doing better overall, so that is good. Wishing you continued improvement and good health.

Return to “Too Much Information”