Just in need of some positive thoughts

Since c-diff is a disease of the "lower half", so to speak, we find that many of our members cannot refrain from discussing what comes out the bottom end. If you must do it, please do it here.
AllysMom
Contributor

Just in need of some positive thoughts

Postby AllysMom » Wed Sep 07, 2016 5:39 pm

I am on day 7 of a round of Dificid. The first two days I felt normal. On day 3 my stomach started to get weird feeling and on day 6 (yesterday) my stomach has been a mess. I feel fine but my stomach has been gurgling, gassy, and I've had a couple
Of urges to need to go. I have had some stomach aches but they aren't really big and I have a full appetite. Yesterday I had two BMs and the last one had a really strong weird smell and fell apart as it was flushed. I haven't gone at all today but my stomach still feels really cruddy. I was out costume shopping with my son and my stomach just wouldn't calm down. When we got home I tried to go and nothing. I did eat rice last night hoping to calm it all down but it seems to be really active regardless. I am starting to feel down that maybe the Dificid isn't working. I still feel way better then when I took Flagyl a couple years ago! Anyways I just needed to talk because I don't want to bother my family with my worries. I did ask my soon to be ex GI today about a Dificid taper and he said there was no such thing as one lol. It's soo frustrating because I don't know what I am feeling is Dificid, p-ibs or c-diff. I just want my life back. I am starting to fear leaving the house again and I hate it. Thanks for listen to me blabber lol :)

roy
Administrator

Re: Just in need of some positive thoughts

Postby roy » Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:32 pm

Anything but watery diarrhea is a normal recovery.
Accept that your getting well.

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Postby NanciT » Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:14 pm

Hi

Everyone's experience with these medication is different. Some have no symptoms on Dificid, I had no issue's the first 10 days, then as I went on a long taper I had all kinds of GI issues. I found it very harsh to take once I past two weeks. If you look it up online, you will find the side effects so it can be difficult.
I had Post IBS for a long time. It has cured many including me!!
Hang in there!
NanciT

AllysMom
Contributor

Postby AllysMom » Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:30 pm

Thank you Roy and NanciT. I sterile again with some chicken and soo far everything has calmed down a lot! Still no BM today which I guess is good so I just need to breathe and take it one day at a time I guess. I beat it before and I can do it again

Thanks for the suggestion NanciT. I did google the side effects but all it does is make my head spin. I really do feel normal minus the battle going on in my stomach lol

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:04 am

Glad that things settled down although you might experience some off days while on meds . I read the side effects as well , it does have a lot of those , so try not to panic when your tummy goes crazy again. Hope this round of meds will do the trick , good luck!

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:14 am

When I don't have a bm, I get rumbling and more gas too. Maybe that is part of what is happening, but as the others said, Dificid can be harsh to take.

ashtontw
Regular Contributor

Postby ashtontw » Thu Sep 08, 2016 5:40 pm

I'm on Vanco but had similar symptoms to you over the last week. One day I was constipated, the next it's soft gritty stool a few times a day. I'm sorry you're going through the ups and downs too :( we will beat this. One way or another. I focused on eating foods high in fiber on the days that I was backed up - apples, oatmeal, etc. I started out on the BRAT diet but found when I let myself have other foods, I started having BMs. They're just still scary looking. I think most doctors and veterans on here will advise that anything other than red and black is okay. Recovery is different for everyone and I think maybe every relapse is different too. If you ever need to vent, feel free to message me. I'm on here a lot researching and reading posts. I hope you feel better ASAP!

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:55 am

Ashton
Be carefull with high fiber , your system may not tolerate it right now , I always get D from foods high in fiber.I cannot eat raw veggies or fruit , those give me very soft stool and lots of gas . Beans , peas cabbage or broccoli ferments in the gut as well. We need to eat foods that are easy to digest : white meat , rice , cooked veggies (not beans , cabbage etc) potatoes , toast , soups. For example oatmeal doesn't sit well with everyone , some posters here complained about having weird looking stool after eating that.

AllysMom
Contributor

Postby AllysMom » Sat Sep 10, 2016 8:47 pm

Thank you all for your help! I am about to take my last Dificid pill in about 45 mins so here's to hoping all
Is good after! My BMs Look great and I haven't had almost any mucus at all which was my big problem before starting it so here's to hoping for a cure!

Lisa33
Long Time Contributor

Postby Lisa33 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:29 am

Sending you positive thoughts that this is the last c-diff pill you ever have to take again! As scary as finishing meds is, it's the first step in recovery and being cured. Stay positive and hopefully the Dificid did the trick!

Return to “Too Much Information”