Ugh I think this is round two

Since c-diff is a disease of the "lower half", so to speak, we find that many of our members cannot refrain from discussing what comes out the bottom end. If you must do it, please do it here.
AllysMom
Contributor

Ugh I think this is round two

Postby AllysMom » Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:38 pm

Well today is 15 days from my last pill of Vanco. Two Saturday's ago I got really bad stomach issues going 6 times a day, gas, and just discomfort but I thought it was because I ate something my stomach couldn't tolerate. Then this last Tuesday I woke up at 1:30 in the morning super nauseated trying not to throw up. Luckily I took Zofran and I went back to sleep. I called in sick at work Wednesday and spent the day on the couch. The rest of last week until this last Saturday I was nauseated, loss of appetite and felt really sick. I barely ate anything but when I did it was mostly rice. Because of that I actually became stopped up for a couple days. This last Saturday it all went downhill. I am now having several soft but formed bms a day. Yesterday I had 7. I have been on colestid so I'm pretty sure it's the only reason they are formed. I have only gone 3 times today. All of the BMs the last two days have had mucus everytime and a lot more mucus today. The urge is all day long!! Sometimes I get the urge and all it is is gas. I also get the diarrhea sensation too. All of the nausea I had last week is gone, my appetite is back, I don't have cramps but rather just the upset stomach feeling, I don't feel ill, I'm not anymore tired then I normally am but as soon as I eat it doesn't stay long. I have been able to work full time, keep up with cleaning and laundry at home, and running errands.

I do work in a daycare and currently the stomach bug is being shared so I am really hoping maybe it's just that or IBS but I'm pretty sure it's just wishful thinking! My son had a mild fever last Friday and then one soft stool yesterday so maybe it is just a bug but I have a bad feeling

I saw my GI today and I turned a sample back in today to test for cdiff so I should know in a couple of days. I talked to my GI about Deficid and he said if I want to try that I can or I can do another round of pulse/taper vanco this time. I also found out today that he does FMTs which is comforting to know!

Either way just needing to talk about it so figured I'd share. Thanks for listening!

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Re: Ugh I think this is round two

Postby georgina » Tue Aug 16, 2016 1:05 am

So sorry you are feeling unwell , it can be Cdiff or it can be a bug , although it sounds pretty Cdiffy to me as those are kinda' like my symptoms when I'm relapsing (only my stool is not formed).If the test comes back positive you should definitely push for dificid , or if you want a taper maybe you can do a dificid taper , more effective then the vanco in so many ways.
Hope is just a bump in the road , and your test comes back negative!

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:11 am

You did the right thing to test. If it is c diff with those symptoms, then you will need to treat it. If not, then you probably got whatever is going around at the day care. Let us know what happens. Hopefully, your test will be negative.

AllysMom
Contributor

Postby AllysMom » Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:14 pm

Thank you both! Well so far today I haven't gone once and it's 2pm, no gas, mild gurgles but that's about it! No real urge either! Yesterday I only went three times total. I am trying to be positive that maybe it's not cdiff since its calmed way down but I guess I'll find out soon. I'll update with results

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Postby NanciT » Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:40 pm

Hoping for the best with the results!! Sorry you are going through this but maybe it was a bug, it seems they are going around.
I feel when we are post CDIFF bug can be more severe than they have been in the past
Fingers crossed!
NanciT

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Wed Aug 17, 2016 1:50 am

Hope that your test comes back negative!

roy
Administrator

Postby roy » Wed Aug 17, 2016 2:05 pm

If the symptoms have gone be very cautious about treating if the test comes back positive.

AllysMom
Contributor

Postby AllysMom » Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:32 pm

Ugh I wish the results would just come back. Yesterday I didn't go at all and things were really calm. Today I've gone 3 times again and each time still had mucus. I also seem to be a bit constipated again. The urge, gurgling and gas is back too. Earlier I even had the D feeling for a second. I still physically feel fine but the waiting is driving me crazy. Hopefully I hear something tomorrow.

AllysMom
Contributor

Postby AllysMom » Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:44 pm

I am wondering if I should stop the Colestid (not asking for medical advice on this). It's for my IBS D but I'm concerned that it's masking my symptoms. It's to slow things down and to bind my stool. Does anyone know if meds like this are bad or don't work well with c-diff? My GI didn't say to stop it but I don't want it to do more damage if I am dealing with c-diff

AllysMom
Contributor

Postby AllysMom » Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:04 pm

Well today I passed mucus only :(. The last time I did that I tested positive. I haven't heard from my GI yet but I looked at my CVS account and there is a prescription for deficid pending so it looks like it's positive once again :(

amyc
Long Time Contributor

Postby amyc » Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:26 pm

Sorry :(. Hopefully the Dificid will do the trick.

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Fri Aug 19, 2016 2:34 am

So sorry you might be relapsing , hopefully Dificid will be your cure.

Ril
Long Time Contributor

Postby Ril » Fri Aug 19, 2016 6:59 pm

Nothing is a conclusion until it is. And if it is indeed hopefully the Dificid will cure it. Your dr may have called in that prescription to have the med on hand "just in case" since not all pharmacies stock it. I have no idea what the situation is but I would hope if your dr had a positive test result they would have contacted you.

Also, if you have stopped the colestid IBS can also cause you to pass mucus. If you have not yet stopped it check with your GI dr. It is not the same as Imodium or other drugs that prevent you from passing stool and therefore hold in the toxins so let your dr make that call.

Still hoping this is not a relapse. PI IBS can be really horrible and mimic a c diff relapse. It did with me.
Rita

AllysMom
Contributor

Postby AllysMom » Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:49 pm

Thanks everyone. It did indeed come back positive. After passing the mucus I knew it would. They did call in the deficid but I only got 6 pills out of the 20 because they do not stock it at the CVS I use. I go get the rest on Monday evening. Thankfully my deductible was met this year so it turned out at no cost.

I did stop the Colestid after speaking to them and will let the Dificid do its work. Hopefully this will do the trick!

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Postby NanciT » Fri Aug 19, 2016 9:39 pm

Sorry to hear it's positive, but Dificid has cured many including me! Wishing you the best with this!
NanciT

Return to “Too Much Information”