Roughness

Since c-diff is a disease of the "lower half", so to speak, we find that many of our members cannot refrain from discussing what comes out the bottom end. If you must do it, please do it here.
bnwood9
Contributor

Roughness

Postby bnwood9 » Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:25 pm

So I'm about a day outside of my last Vancomycin pill. It was round 2 of a 10 round 250 mg Vancomycin treatment. When I went to the bathroom today it wasn't loose but felt very rough...almost like a weird sandpaper feeling. I had some radishes the night before...my stool was a little reddish. Could it be a case of too much fiber? How long does it take for Vancomycin to get out of the system?

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Re: Roughness

Postby georgina » Sun Aug 14, 2016 12:28 am

Your gut is very sensitive right now so try to be gentle with it , don't give your gut raw vegetables or fruits because he lacks bacteria to digest it.Until your gut heals try to stick to a bland diet , and slowly add more foods back , cook all your veggies and fruits and limit the sugar treats , dairy products,and high fiber foods like beans and peas or brocolli.And , of course , i have to remind you that you will be experiencing lots of "off " days in early recovery , stool can be abnormal for a few weeks.

bnwood9
Contributor

Re: Roughness

Postby bnwood9 » Sun Aug 14, 2016 3:50 pm

Yeah, this is my second go ahead. I didn't have diarrhea nearly at all when I was diagnosed the second time. It was this weird rough and painful BM plus a burning sensation, like the inflammation was really bad around the rectum. Even though the stuff was cooked that I had, it was still just roasted. I guess I'm afraid that the second round of Vancomycin treatment didn't work. I guess it is still too early to tell though.

Return to “Too Much Information”