White spots in stool

Since c-diff is a disease of the "lower half", so to speak, we find that many of our members cannot refrain from discussing what comes out the bottom end. If you must do it, please do it here.
Cm1619
Regular Contributor

White spots in stool

Postby Cm1619 » Tue Aug 09, 2016 6:28 am

Hello everyone. This morning I woke up quite early(5am) to some urgency and cramps. Of course I'm worried about a relapse because I haven't been feeling well for the past 2-3 days but I should add that I'm in the time of the month. Sort of like I'm coming down with something but whatever it is hasn't fully come on yet. I've already used the restroom 3 times with mushy stools so naturally I investigated what was in the toilet. I noticed my stools had white little lumps in it. Has anyone else experience this in recovery? Or did anyone experience it during active c diff? I'm considering contacting my doctor about it but I'm trying not to contact him so often and be the "boy who cried wolf".

I'm currently 4 months post c diff diagnosis.

Cm1619
Regular Contributor

Re: White spots in stool

Postby Cm1619 » Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:50 am

Update: I've already now gone 6 times. Ugh.......

It still feels like it might be IBS rather than c diff. Or it's wishful thinking.

roy
Administrator

Postby roy » Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:13 am

Parasites can appear like white spots in stools so its best to see your Dr.

Lisa33
Long Time Contributor

Postby Lisa33 » Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:04 am

I agree with Roy to get it checked out. I would want to submit a stool test for giardia and other pathogens. Best to rule parasites out.

Cm1619
Regular Contributor

Postby Cm1619 » Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:31 am

Just noticed that my daughter has them too so I'll be getting checked out. Will update!

Cm1619
Regular Contributor

Postby Cm1619 » Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:01 pm

Oh and now my cat is dragging his butt along the floor which he's never done. Are there any diseases that can be passed between cats and humans bc I think we might all have the same thing!!

amyc
Long Time Contributor

Postby amyc » Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:25 pm

Pets can definitely share parasites with their owners.

roy
Administrator

Postby roy » Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:59 pm

Yes lots of worms.

Cm1619
Regular Contributor

Postby Cm1619 » Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:20 pm

Yikes. After some rather obsessive online research, while waiting on my doc to get back to me, it seems to look a lot like candida die off. Has anyone had candida after c diff? Not sure why my daughter would also have it but the white parts don't look like a parasite to me. I still requested to be tested though. Im hoping she orders it. My cat is acting totally normal now and I checked his box and his stools look normal.

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Wed Aug 10, 2016 1:13 am

Many of us had yeast infection after Cdiff , due to the antibiotics needed to treat the infection . You should ask your doctor to test your stool for everything : parasites and other pathogens and also get the cat to the vet , maybe she has intestinal worms and needs treatment for them.

Cm1619
Regular Contributor

Postby Cm1619 » Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:59 am

I'm really embarrassed to give an update but I feel it's only fair. I ended up getting a parasite and c diff test done and am waiting on results. Took cat to the vet and no worms...he's a long haired kitty so he had a few clumps of cat poop stuck in his fur so that explains that.

As for me and my daughter.....I forgot we ate a lot of dirty rice with veggies 2-3 days ago. Broccoli doesn't sit well with me so that's what caused the loose stools for me, I believe. The rice could have been the white spots bc neither of us have it today. I feel so silly but really c diff has made me so paranoid.

I keep telling myself if I relapse I will catch it straight away this time, rather than letting it go for weeks. This has been a curse bc I'm so determined to catch it immediately that I'm almost imagining up a relapse every time something doesn't sit well with my stomach.

Thank you everyone for being there for me with suggestions and help! I'll update w the c diff and parasite results but I'm thinking it will be negative bc I had one solid BM today.

Silly me...

NikaNik
Long Time Contributor

Postby NikaNik » Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:48 am

Hi, cm,

Funny you should mention the rice. While I was on treatment for c diff I also had white specks and realized after I had posted on here asking what it might be (some said possibly mucus) that they were from copious amounts of rice I had eaten.

Best wishes to you!
Nikki

Lisa33
Long Time Contributor

Postby Lisa33 » Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:11 am

Hopefully the rice is the culprit! We all get paranoid after c-diff. It's hard not to. I'm glad that it's most likely nothing to worry about.

Cm1619
Regular Contributor

Postby Cm1619 » Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:06 am

We'll see what the tests say. My doctor said the parasite one will be at least a week. I usually get the c diff test back after 2-3 days so I'm thinking I'll get it Monday. I no longer have frequent, loose stools but I have zero appetite today. I'm having a heck of a heard time eating much of anything. Does anyone else get like this in recovery? The last two weeks have been so amazing. I've had a healthy appetite and normal stools but it didn't last long enough. I really hope the appetite comes back bc I can feel myself already starting to lose that weight I worked so hard to gain back!!

Davidtm
Regular Contributor

Postby Davidtm » Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:48 am

Hey I hope you get good news from your tests when they come back. I've mostly had an insatiable appetite but still have days of nausea and no desire to eat. Usually on my stressful days. Every scare has had an effect. Hopefully good news will bring back that appetite or it will anyway and if not I'd go over it with your dr so you don't need to add that to your worries. I've seen all sorts of questionable things in the restroom since this started. I think it has had some affect on how well I digest so I've seen a lot of what I've eaten the next day. A few weeks back I had what I now call the sesame seed debacle. I thought I had worms (worm segments look like sesame seeds) and I realized later what I was seeing was from food I had eaten. So I had that to enjoy for a week. I only care if it's blood, m, or d now. Rice, blueberries, tomato, and beans all like to make an encore. Good luck on tests!

Return to “Too Much Information”