have you experienced this?

Since c-diff is a disease of the "lower half", so to speak, we find that many of our members cannot refrain from discussing what comes out the bottom end. If you must do it, please do it here.
tonia
Regular Contributor

have you experienced this?

Postby tonia » Mon Aug 01, 2016 1:21 pm

Hello.

I do not generally post in TMI as it is, well... TMI. Even after all this time I have a hard time discussing some of these things. However, I am having something that I just wanted to see if anyone else has experienced. Here it is in the least amount of detail as possible.

Has anyone else's stools ever resembled "wet sawdust" in color and consistency? I had this before, last year, while I was on vanco. It went away after my first transplant and had not seen that particular manifestation since...until now. I recently tested due to very very c diffy symptoms. Test was negative, but symptoms still raging on. If I managed to be one of the lucky ones who got a false negative, could this be a sign that my body might be trying to kick it on its own? It is better than the all out water I have been having...just not sure what it might be. I am still trying to get set up with a new GI, so I am hanging in limbo right now and do not know what to think.

Thank you for your thoughts on this.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Re: have you experienced this?

Postby beth22 » Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:03 pm

It might be malabsorption. Did you get tested for other pathogens? If not, I would ask to get a stool culture and one for parasites to rule out anything else. You can repeat the c diff too, if you think it was a false negative. PCR is not supposed to give false negatives often though.

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Re: have you experienced this?

Postby georgina » Tue Aug 02, 2016 4:31 am

What is wet sawdust??? Never heard of that before!

Return to “Too Much Information”