Another Odd Question (Sorry!)

Since c-diff is a disease of the "lower half", so to speak, we find that many of our members cannot refrain from discussing what comes out the bottom end. If you must do it, please do it here.
bnwood9
Contributor

Another Odd Question (Sorry!)

Postby bnwood9 » Sat Jul 23, 2016 3:56 pm

I just ate and have been having abdominal pain a lot today. Left side and right side. When I went to the bathroom it hurt coming out a bit and the burning started again. Found a piece of what looked like a peanut in my stool. Also started poking around (was safe and used like a pencil) and found some odd red things in it that sort of look like the seasoning that comes on the ranch flavored taco chips. I was wondering if all of these signs were indicative of a serious problem or if it sounds normal recovery stuff during C-Diff or PI IBS. Coloring was more brown today than it has been.

Sorry again for all the disgusting questions.

roy
Administrator

Re: Another Odd Question (Sorry!)

Postby roy » Sat Jul 23, 2016 4:17 pm

Hope your not a pencil chewer!
One question.
Have you EVER poked and prodded a normal turd to see what's inside it?
Whatever makes you think any of us has:-)
My guess is that it's normal, or your an alian.
Sounds like it's come from Uranus.

bnwood9
Contributor

Postby bnwood9 » Sat Jul 23, 2016 4:18 pm

Nope, haven't ever done that before!

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Sat Jul 23, 2016 4:19 pm

Anything you eat is going to be there. When I had to do home enemas using donor stool, I had to liquefy that stool and put it through a strainer - sieve. You would be surprised at the variety of foods and chunks of things that stool contains. I would not worry about it. Some foods like corn, peas, mushrooms, just come out whole!

bnwood9
Contributor

Postby bnwood9 » Sat Jul 23, 2016 4:31 pm

Yeah. I'm just having a tough time lately. Seems my urgency is up and my stomach hurts more. No diarrhea but just don't feel well the past couple of days. I was feeling relative good the past couple of weeks and then back down into this feeling. Is this just part of the normal roller-coaster ride through recovery?

amyc
Long Time Contributor

Postby amyc » Sat Jul 23, 2016 5:32 pm

I'd toss that pencil lol. Honestly it's impossible to tell what's going on, and really tough to distinguish IBS from other things at many times. When I had bad days that ran together during recovery I would request a test. Getting a negative test always relieved my anxiety, which helped my gut to settle down. Some people feel like getting tested increases their anxiety, and I understand that too. I assume you are feeling unwell because you conducted your pencil poop study. I hope you feel better tomorrow.

bnwood9
Contributor

Postby bnwood9 » Sat Jul 23, 2016 6:27 pm

I tossed the pencil. I'm been feeling like this for a few days now (since probably Thursday or Wednesday of this week).

Davidtm
Regular Contributor

Postby Davidtm » Sun Jul 24, 2016 3:37 am

I'm not sure of your diet but after treatment for my first round of c diff I got a little ahead of myself with foods I shouldn't have eaten. Even before all this if I ate too spicy I would have issues. I had some burritos a few weeks after treatment and the salsa, spices, cilantro, etc were all not digested. Honestly things like this we would never have paid attention to before. I never cared about things like this before. As far as the burning a dr would know best what is the direct cause but for me too much spicy, foods that didn't agree, stress causing more frequency, anxiety causing too much acid, hemorrhoids, and a tender bum from the constant wiping all have caused me the burn. So now im
Gentle with the diet, keep things clean, and try to be relaxed. I'm sure your dr will be able to pinpoint it if it's concerning you but the stress and worry doesn't do any favors. Also in my experience flaming hot Cheetos are about the worst thing I could do...
Really hope you find some relief!

Return to “Too Much Information”