Mild to moderate Rectal pain and pressure.

Since c-diff is a disease of the "lower half", so to speak, we find that many of our members cannot refrain from discussing what comes out the bottom end. If you must do it, please do it here.
Davidtm
Regular Contributor

Mild to moderate Rectal pain and pressure.

Postby Davidtm » Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:32 pm

Sorry for the tmi. I hate that this disease involves so much bathroom business. I can't wait to be over this so I can go one day without thinking of this stuff in this detail.
I'm on my second round of Vanco which is a taper this time. I'm down to 2 a day. I've had on and off since May this aching feeling in my rectum. A sort of pressure and pain combo. No more than a 1,2, 3 or 4 pain wise and pretty annoying. During my first treatment the pain only lasted about a week but I experienced it near the end and ever since. I have good days and bad days and I consider a good day one with minimal of this feeling. Tired of constantly feeling like I have to go. I've told 3 doctors this... 3 of them and not a single one made a comment or expressed any concern with it. My bms are good and like before with Vanco the main symptoms subsided in a few days. Except this.
It's the worst on my commute home. I've been working throughout this and I commute about 1.2 hours x 2 per day. It's usually not so bad in the evening while I'm relaxing. Or in the morning.
A 4th dr said tenesmus and could be from the hell this puts the bowels through. But no tests ordered.. No diagnostics.. No sigmoid..not even the good gloved finger check. Now I understand that no one wants to go near there but it's hard to accept this as normal. I know I've had hems in the past so maybe it's that but I just don't know. Has anyone else experienced this? I googled but didn't open any pages when I saw cancer etc. I'm sorry Google but if I want a scary story I'll read grab a Stephen King book. Maybe it is proctitis. Who knows. But after so many Drs (gi, pcp, urgent care, and id) hearing about it and dismissing it I might just have to accept it and tough it out.
Would love to go one day without it. Other than that treatment seems to be uneventful. Wishing everyone the best.

roy
Administrator

Re: Mild to moderate Rectal pain and pressure.

Postby roy » Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:57 pm

Sounds about normal!
If you puked for several days your throat would be sore and swollen.
If you have bowel trouble for several days your other end does the same.
I will give you a laugh now
When I had a severe infection down there I wanted to see what was going on.
Placed a camera on a chair and set it on 10 second timer.
Hovered over the camera, hands on cheeks and after a few attempts got a perfect picture!
Now that's one for the family alBUM:-)

Davidtm
Regular Contributor

Postby Davidtm » Wed Jul 20, 2016 5:03 pm

Hahaha thanks Roy. I needed a good laugh. That's definitely one you don't want making its way into a slideshow.
Makes a lot of sense though. Things have gotten a workout these past few months. My brother told me to buy a donut for the drive :-/

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 5:15 pm

I have that, especially if I have more solid bms. If you want someone to check, go see a colon and rectal surgeon, formerly called proctologists. The doctor will insert a very small scope (more like a tube) and check the rectum for hemorrhoids, fissures or anything else. I know that mine got worse since this last positive test for c diff a month ago and I can only assume that the toxins irritated the lining of everything in that area.

Return to “Too Much Information”