Mucus and loose stool.

Since c-diff is a disease of the "lower half", so to speak, we find that many of our members cannot refrain from discussing what comes out the bottom end. If you must do it, please do it here.
Davidtm
Regular Contributor

Mucus and loose stool.

Postby Davidtm » Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:15 pm

Hi everyone,
Ive been keeping kind of low key and trying to focus on the positive but this infection really makes it hard to do.
I posted about having d about two weeks ago. Haven't had that since so I think those two days were just ibs related. Lately however the last 4 days my stools have been on the looser end. More so several ragged chunks that break apart and mucus. Some formed mixed in but I'm seeing mucus but no where near the amount of when I was first diagnosed in May. I'm 32 days post Vanco today. Some pains here and there, no urgency, and only between 1-2 bms a day. I only take the culturell now twice a day and still eat very bland without cheese etc. I did have some lettuce recently and did notice some in my stool. It's been tough since I had the blueberry incident from the 3rd of July.. My body doesn't process those apparently..
I'm sorry to ramble on but does this sound like I'm still in recovery?
Bms are never two alike and last night better than this morning and yesterday. No mucus last night but today and yesterday.
Cramping is an odd stab here and there but never lasting.
It's just so frustrating to me right now. I know I can't expect things to be perfect and look firm and normal every time but I get nervous when it's loose for several days. I know my family is fed up with me and I keep it to myself now. I fear the relapse and don't want to start over this far out. I have moments of optimism and weakness. Rational and fearful. I just want to feel safe again. 32 days since my last Vanco dose and what a roller coaster it has been. I read a study wherein 90 people who had relapse did so mostly in the first two weeks and about a 3rd in the following two weeks. With less and less with each day past the 3rd week. I know I should be greatful at this point and I am but I want to know when I can feel safe again

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Re: Mucus and loose stool.

Postby beth22 » Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:01 pm

Everyone is different. I have had relapses as far out as 4 months after finishing vanco. Most of my relapses were 3 - 4 weeks later though. If things get worse, then you should get tested, but hopefully it is just part of IBS. I used to take Pepto Bismol and it helped me. There is a new product called EnteraGam for IBS-D, but it is a prescription. It is a medical food that you add to water and drink. It is supposed to help the immune system in the intestines and helps to bind up toxins. Ask your doctor about it if you are interested. Not all insurance covers it though and it is expensive.

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Re: Mucus and loose stool.

Postby georgina » Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:47 pm

Hi David
Having no D and no high frequency is great, sounds like you are doing great in recovery.Stool will most likely be abnormal in recovery for a long time. I am on Vanco at the moment and my BM are far from normal and i have days with stool that breaks apart and crumbles.Like you , my system cannot digest leafy greens so it's better to stay away from those.Eat bland , cook all your fruits and vegetables , stay away from greasy foods and excess sugar and alcohol.
Yes , most relapses happened in the frist two weeks but experts say that you are safe after three months , although we know that this is not the truth , Cdiff can come back when it damn pleases!!

Return to “Too Much Information”