Ibs?

Since c-diff is a disease of the "lower half", so to speak, we find that many of our members cannot refrain from discussing what comes out the bottom end. If you must do it, please do it here.
susant
Regular Contributor

Ibs?

Postby susant » Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:34 am

I'm 5 months post fmt. I am testing negative. However, I have what seems like constant mucus in my stools. I go from d to normal to d but there is almost always mucus. It scares me because my active Cdiff always presented with mucus. I would have thought I'd be better by now. I'm just scared the tests are wrong! They are dna amplification tests. I've tested positive with them when I've had Cdiff. Please tell me others have mucus issues. Sorry this is so gross... Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!!

gwang
Regular Contributor

Re: Ibs?

Postby gwang » Thu Jun 16, 2016 2:05 pm

Might have colitis (since mucus would mean inflammation)

susant
Regular Contributor

Postby susant » Thu Jun 16, 2016 2:14 pm

As far as I have read mucus means irritation

getwellsoon
Long Time Contributor

Postby getwellsoon » Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:36 am

I had mucous attacks for months. I was diagnosed with mucous colitis and Dr. said not to worry, to use Metamucil and it would mask the mucous. It did and the mucous attacks finally went away for good. You will get well. Hope you do better soon, ask your Doc about the Metamucil or any fiber supplement.
CAROL

Ril
Long Time Contributor

Postby Ril » Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:18 pm

You can have mucous with IBS. If your dr knows and is not concerned and you have tested negative I would not be worried.
Mucous is from inflammation.
Rita

susant
Regular Contributor

Postby susant » Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:27 pm

From my research it appears that mucus related to Ibs is NOT from inflammation. It can be the result of inflammation but not in the case of Ibs. My doctor said that mucus is normal and people with irritated intestines produce more but not because of any inflammatory process. Apparently I'm the only one that deals with this. Thanks for the responses.

Cm1619
Regular Contributor

Postby Cm1619 » Sun Jul 17, 2016 1:07 pm

I just posted a similar question and was wondering how you were doing Susant. I was "cured" 3 months ago and havent had any mucous in recovery until just now. Totally freaking me out!!!!

susant
Regular Contributor

Postby susant » Sun Jul 17, 2016 1:26 pm

Unfortunately I relapsed June 24th and had an upper and lower fmt done this last week. You can read my updated posts :) I do know a lot of people have the same symptoms and do not relapse. I just don't have good luck!

Return to “Too Much Information”