Never a perfect stool

Since c-diff is a disease of the "lower half", so to speak, we find that many of our members cannot refrain from discussing what comes out the bottom end. If you must do it, please do it here.
gwang
Regular Contributor

Never a perfect stool

Postby gwang » Sun May 22, 2016 7:53 pm

For some reason after my FMT and antibiotics I never have one perfect stool. Usually my first stool is a nice formed large piece. The subsequent pieces start getting thinner and smaller.

Does everyone else have this problem? Did you ever end up with good stools again for the entire bowel movement?

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Re: Never a perfect stool

Postby beth22 » Mon May 23, 2016 12:28 am

I did eventually. But, it can take a long time to get there.

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Mon May 23, 2016 12:51 am

I am six months away from my FMT and I rarely have a formed stool (not perfect) , it seems that my new normal is on the soft side , but I got used to it.As long as it's not D or high frequency , you shoul not worry.

Lisa33
Long Time Contributor

Postby Lisa33 » Mon May 23, 2016 10:28 am

I didn't have an FMT, but I can tell you that I'm 17 months out now, and when I have a perfect formed stool, it's like spotting a unicorn! LOL! My stools are never how they were pre-c diff. They are always on the loose side now. The rare occurrence of a perfect stool is just pure jubilation! :-)

gwang
Regular Contributor

Postby gwang » Mon May 23, 2016 11:02 am

@beth22 you had an FMT right?

Did those normal stools come after your at home enema FMTs?

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Mon May 23, 2016 6:54 pm

Yes, they came after the home FMTs, but not right away, although they were better after the home FMTs than before. It took months and months, but things kept improving gradually.

Acres
Regular Contributor

Postby Acres » Mon May 23, 2016 10:54 pm

Hi,
I did not have a fmt, but after my dosage of Dificid my stools were the same as yours for about 6 weeks. Then improved until I made a food error....
Scott

gwang
Regular Contributor

Postby gwang » Mon May 23, 2016 11:18 pm

Does your loose stools accompany a sour stomach?

Honestly, I'm fine with loose stools but my stomach feels like I have a mild case of food poisoning 24/7

It's been like this since the FMT...

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Tue May 24, 2016 12:49 am

After the infection was cleared , IBS can last for months . Time is the best healer , be patient , things will get better but it cannot happen overnight

Acres
Regular Contributor

Postby Acres » Tue May 24, 2016 9:20 am

I did not have a FMT, but I get a bloating and odd feeling in my stomach after a meal. I take papaya enzyme and dgl licorice which helps me. I also find when I am having gut discomfort that lasts a couple of days it effects everything in the area as well (bladder, stomach, back pain, prostate, hip area)....
I would ask your doctor about the stomach issues. I asked my Primary and GI a million questions.....
As far as the stool - Using myself as a test case, I think it is part of your colon healing.....I asked my doctor about it on numerous occasions and he kept telling me it's the healing process with some pi-ibs which will decrease in time....He was correct - but it is a slow progression....I was doing well then I ate several untested foods and paid the price with D....So even after you start to feel better - your gut still needs healing - I think it will take mine at least several more months, but I would not be surprised if it takes a lot longer...
Scott

Return to “Too Much Information”