Last day of Vanco - cramps & 'different' BM

Since c-diff is a disease of the "lower half", so to speak, we find that many of our members cannot refrain from discussing what comes out the bottom end. If you must do it, please do it here.
rei099
New User

Last day of Vanco - cramps & 'different' BM

Postby rei099 » Sat May 21, 2016 9:08 pm

Today is my last day of Vanco. I have two pills left today and then I'll be done. In the whole 10 days, I haven't had less abdominal pain, but I also haven't had worse. The last four days, however, I have had something strange with my BM. Since the beginning, I have had a formed BM and by the time I went on the medicine, I didn't have d. But now, I am having 1-2 BM a day and there are strange, white specks about half the size of a grain of rice in my BM. These grains are cream-colored and are evenly distributed in the BM, in that, they dot it pretty equally. There aren't just one or two specks. There are probably 100. All the same size, all-throughout. Has anyone heard of anything like this before? I was reading and people say it could be the Vanco not digested, but how then can one explain the uniformity, consistency and sheer volume of the specks?
Right now, my whole lower half feels sore and cramped. The type of sore as if I had just done an intense ab workout. I wonder if I have c diff and possibly something else too... though my other tests and bloodwork all came back negative. Does anyone know of a strange possibility that I might ask my doctor about? Originally, she didn't test me for c diff because of my young age (33f), lack of exposure to antibiotics, and previously perfect health. It makes me wonder if there is something else she might not be testing me for. When I see her again, I could ask her these things. Also, she plans to test me two weeks after the last of the antibiotic for the c diff again.
And, from anyone else's experience, on your last round of Vanco, did you feel about the same as when you started? But without d. (Since mine had gone away before I started the medicine.) And any thoughts on the white grains?

roy
Administrator

Re: Last day of Vanco - cramps & 'different' BM

Postby roy » Sun May 22, 2016 7:37 am

It could be undigested food.
Vanco does not just kill c.diff, it wipes out around 20% of the other gut flora species and some of those probably aid digestion.
Also could be worm eggs or tapeworm segments
Your symptoms also strongly suggest this as a possibility even the coughing So ask your Dr.
Sorry if this pic is a little graphic but it might help you
http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=worm+e ... ufF9vPM%3A
Its worrying that your Dr treated the test result and not the patient.
The first rule of c.diff is to stop the offending antibiotic and see if natural immunity resolves the symptoms, in your case the D stopped so nature did its job and an experianced Dr probably would not have treated.
Even if the retest is positive your Dr MUST look at your symptoms before deciding to treat.
C.diff can be part of your normal flora.
It is only a disease if it overgrows and then only a disease if your body reacts to the toxins.
Trying to eradicate c.diff just because of a positive test is wrong and can be harmfull.

rei099
New User

Re: Last day of Vanco - cramps & 'different' BM

Postby rei099 » Wed May 25, 2016 5:51 pm

Thanks. It may have been undigested food. I was tested for worms and parasites, both blood and stool, twice. Whatever it was, it's gone away for now, right after I stopped my medicine. I wonder if it had something to do with the medicine.

Return to “Too Much Information”