Sorry:some questions re:IBS

Since c-diff is a disease of the "lower half", so to speak, we find that many of our members cannot refrain from discussing what comes out the bottom end. If you must do it, please do it here.
Dobies#1
Long Time Contributor

Sorry:some questions re:IBS

Postby Dobies#1 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 4:02 pm

Ok, first I apologize since this isn't a C Diff question but my mind still goes there. Anyway, for the last few days I have my usual bathroom visit in the morning, then later in the morning,early afternoon or evening, I'll get some gas/rumbling/cramping and feel an urgent need to go back to the loo. It's weird though because when I sit down it feels like I have diarrhea a little bit it's NOT watery or even real real soft. Here is the most TMI: it does make the water brownish and cloudy when I flush and it smells like it would if you have diarrhea, if that makes sense. Would this be considered diarrhea? Or just an irritated bowel? The part making me nervous is the urgency, smell, and it doesn't even feel as if the bowel is emptied all the way afterward. Could this just be an IBS flare? My husband has been traveling a lot, got home Friday night and left again this morning so I have been eating more fast food than I should, and a couple of times just ate cereal for supper. But I haven't felt real anxious until these episodes happen. I don't feel bad other than a little panicky because I'm by myself worried it's going to turn into something that requires a doctor visit. It takes awhile for things to feel settled after it happens. Ugh! Any reassurance, similar stories, etc.? Thanks!

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Re: Sorry:some questions re:IBS

Postby NanciT » Sun Mar 27, 2016 4:40 pm

Dobies
IBS can follow us for a long time after CDIFF, going away and returning if foods are added(fast food!) would definitely give me issues. I think that is what makes this so hard, things are going along fine and then IBS symptoms return. What you describe is typical. If I eat anything off I have very similar issues in the even or night of. What you are talking about is not D, things can go back and forth from loose to C which is typical.

I know this just weighs on all of us, seems to creep back up but one day it will all be a thing of the past...and we are getting there!!
Try not to worry.....take care
NanciT

iamsick
Long Time Contributor

Postby iamsick » Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:12 pm

Dobies#1,

I know how you feel. As of 03/29/2016 I will be 1 year cdiff free. All and all I've been doing great but mentally the fear it very much there. I have been eating more varieties of foods, drinking coffee with cream sugar or honey and a few other sweets and seem to have a loose stool or WD on occasion. Like today, I had a firm bm this morning, then we had Red Lobster for our Easter meal. I had WD shortly after I ate, caesar salad, salmon and Shrimp Linquini Alfredo. I'm sure it was my choice of foods, but does send my anxiety into overload. I then look for reassurance from my family, wrong. They just think I've gone off over the edge months ago and have no empathy for me. They just want me to get over the fears. It seems the further from my cdiff illness the more fearful I become of it returning. In my pre cdiff days when I ate something that caused me bm upsets I never thought twice about it. Hate the worry and cdiff.
Teresa_68

Dobies#1
Long Time Contributor

Postby Dobies#1 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:28 pm

Thanks you two! I used to not worry when I had GI upset either but before C Diff I pretty much knew what triggered it but August will be three years post treatment for me and I still don't know what's going to cause issues. Also it used to be shortly after I'd eat something and I was fine later that day or night, but now I never know when it's gonna hit. I took some Bentyl this afternoon but it usually causes some dizziness and headache so I'm like do I want to deal with stomach cramps/pain or headache and dizziness?! Ugh hate my bowels! Thanks for listening. Oh and my family can't understand my fears either. That's why I come here.

hledgess
Regular Contributor

Postby hledgess » Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:51 pm

I totally relate! I've been negative for three months but I'll have days I have solid bm but then n hour later I'll go D .. Also I've gone almost a week of normal bm then I'll have a day I'll go D three times.. My mind always goes to c diff and I'm scared. Today is one of those days why I am on here. My dr just says its ibs but I'm still terrified and kinda wish they'd test me to make sure but they don't Bc we've tested so much lol

Dobies#1
Long Time Contributor

Postby Dobies#1 » Tue Mar 29, 2016 11:19 pm

hledgess, you're still early in your recovery. It sounds like you're experiencing a "normal" recovery. You'll know of you have C Diff again, because it won't clear up on its own within a few days or so like IBS does. Hang in there! I've been doing a bit better since I posted but still not as normal as I'd like. Ugh...

hledgess
Regular Contributor

Postby hledgess » Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:21 am

I take Bentyl and questran to help bulk things up but not everyday..so u are right and that helps hearing that Bc if I take questran one day supposedly I should have to take it everyday if was really c diff.. But I get constipated and then it's days I felt normal for almost a week..
Glad you're feeling better!!

Return to “Too Much Information”