2 weeks since last Vanco...

Since c-diff is a disease of the "lower half", so to speak, we find that many of our members cannot refrain from discussing what comes out the bottom end. If you must do it, please do it here.
jjglad
Regular Contributor

2 weeks since last Vanco...

Postby jjglad » Mon Mar 14, 2016 3:40 pm

and I am taking a sample tomorrow to be tested and hoping and praying that I am finally over this beast! Problem is...last couple days I have been dealing with a mix of formed/mush/diarrhea all in the same RR visit?! Is this normal PI-IBS or could it possibly be the infection rearing it's ugly head again, only in part of the colon so far? I know that has to sound really crazy, but to have formed and loose stool all at the same time is just tripping me up. :( My thoughts immediately go to....here I go again.

I have already been on three rounds of Vanco, the last two were taper and pulse. Was doing really well here for a while on just an acidopholis and a Primal Defense probiotic a day, but the last couple days...needless to say, it is stirring up the anxiety again. Is it completely odd that I am having such an array of issue in the same RR visit?

Sorry for the TMI. :( Just wondering if anyone has ever dealt with this "constipation diarrhea" in recovery?

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Re: 2 weeks since last Vanco...

Postby NanciT » Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:00 pm

JJ

Part of what IBS is having BM all over the place. Sometimes it C, then D, then loose. It's a common factor we see here often and for some of us it last a long time. I monitor things by the food I which has an impact on this.

See how you do on your test....hoping it will be negatvie!!

jjglad
Regular Contributor

Postby jjglad » Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:49 pm

Thanks! I understand it is all over the place and will be for some time. Just thought it was so odd that diff. kinds were occurring at the SAME time! :( So frustrating. Feel like I am always taking one step forward and two steps back.

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Postby NanciT » Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:50 pm

Before CDIFF we were all used to the same consistency in which our bodies function. This illness throws so many things off and it does take a long time to get to that "normal" feeling again. Some get there sooner than others.....it has been a slow process for me and I am still working on it.
NanciT

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:05 am

Some of us take a long time to return to "normal." I am one. Had c diff 3 times, and it took a long time to recover after each bout.

Some recover quickly. - no way to predict. Hang in there.

kayron
Contributor

Postby kayron » Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:38 pm

I just want to let you know you are not alone. I am going through the same symptoms you are and when you stools are all over the place it makes your anxiety worse. I sometimes feel like I will never get over it. I had never heard of C Diff until I got it. I have had it for a while. I had it for a long time and was not diagnosed so I don't know if I have relapses or all the same strain. I hope you feel better soon!

roy
Administrator

Postby roy » Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:41 pm

Please check dates of posts before you answer.
More than a few weeks and the original poster might have moved on.

jjglad
Regular Contributor

Postby jjglad » Sun Jul 03, 2016 4:11 pm

Thank you Kayron. It has been a while since I posted that, but the recovery is certainly a rough roller coaster ride. I am on medication just to keep system slowed down enough in order to eat each day to keep from losing anymore weight.

Return to “Too Much Information”