Symptoms Different BUT not gone?

Since c-diff is a disease of the "lower half", so to speak, we find that many of our members cannot refrain from discussing what comes out the bottom end. If you must do it, please do it here.
roy
Administrator

Re: Symptoms Different BUT not gone?

Postby roy » Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:46 pm

Go to this link to the UK Gov guidelines.
Scroll to page 10 and look at para 1.21

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... atment.pdf

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:35 pm

My mom had a series of UTIs after having had c difficile several times. Her doctor wanted her to take vanco as a preventative, but I told him no. She took the antibiotics and probiotics and did not relapse. I was given vanco along with Levaquin and the moment I started the vanco, I had D for the entire time and had to do FMT enemas as a result. The next time I took antibiotics after c difficile, I did not take any vanco and I felt much better and did not get D. Of course, you have to see what your doctor thinks, but I'm just telling you my own experience with that.

RRP
New User

Postby RRP » Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:07 pm

Thanks so much for sharing info and experiences! Really, really appreciate it...Knowledge is power!
RRP

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Postby NanciT » Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:50 am

Sorry you are going through this. I really got caught in this issue with a UTI also. My GI put me on Vanco with the Keflex after Positive culture. But, this happened 3 times before I really looked into Vanco actually causing bladder irritation and UTI's.
I brought in the information for my GI and urologist and they both agreed no Vanco next time. I no longer have the infection, but have symptoms that my urologist believes is from the Vanco. They are slowly going away.
Everyone is different, just thought I would give you my experience and you may want to look Vanco side effects up. I do take D Mannose which I beleive is helping.
I know how miserable this all is.....I do hope you feel better soon.
NanciT

Return to “Too Much Information”