C diff symptoms returning

Since c-diff is a disease of the "lower half", so to speak, we find that many of our members cannot refrain from discussing what comes out the bottom end. If you must do it, please do it here.
Jimmy34
Contributor

Re: C diff symptoms returning

Postby Jimmy34 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 1:23 pm

All the probiotics I'm taking are positive. Except for the floraster. So the vanco doesn't kill that. But I'm still taking the vsl#3. 2 pills in the morning. About 3 hours after my first dose of vanco. Still drinking a cup of kefir and eating a yogurt or 2 each day. All live cultures. Doctor explained things a lot better to me yesterday. And got blood taken today. Basically if this round of vanco does not work. Either a taper will be done or possibly the transplant. But that will be a discussion for when I go back to my GI doctor. Should have the blood work results back no later than Thursday. After my visit with my primary doctor yesterday I'm mentally in a better place. That is a positive. Mentally healthy is very important for the body. At least in my cases I've noticed much better results. Again thank you all for your help. I pray you all are having a great day, and are all recovering quickly.

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Tue Feb 23, 2016 5:47 pm

Thx, Jimmy. Glad you are feeling better mentally. You will recover but it sometimes takes awhile.

Keep us posted.

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Postby NanciT » Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:03 pm

Happy to hear things are better Jimmy. Hopefully this round of medication with take care of things for you.
I have continued on the VSL#3 and it has worked well for me, even post CDIFF for IBS.
Hope this is the last round of Vanco, glad your MD has reassured you. We need MORE like him!!
NanciT

Jimmy34
Contributor

Postby Jimmy34 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:31 am

Today is the final day of my 4th round of short term antibiotics. So the GI calls it. If I get another round of antibiotics it will be a taper cycle. But not sure I want to go that route. The antibiotics have had some negative effects on my body as well. So another 6 weeks of a taper is not something that sounds very comforting. I have an appointment on the 8th of March to see a GI nurse practicioner. Only because I could not see an actual GI doctor until after the 15th. In the meantime I am just praying that the c diff does not return at all. But I'm worried that it's still with me. Just waiting for the antibiotics to leave my system so it can rear it's ugly head again. I'm still doing all the probiotics you have suggested. Other than the kefir . I'm having issues with it. Does not sit well with my stomach. Maybe to much other stuff going in with it. Floraster and VSL#3 I'm still taking and at least 1 yogurt a day. Someone suggested cranberry pills garlic and apple cider vinegar. Because of the vancomycin and the toll it has taken on my body. So I started adding that to my diet yesterday as well. Who knows? Maybe a natural remedy can help keep things away and my intestines healthy. I hope you all are well. God bless.

Lisa33
Long Time Contributor

Postby Lisa33 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 2:34 pm

Good luck, Jimmy! Keep positive! This round may have done the trick for you. You are doing everything right. Recovery can be difficult, so try to follow the 3 Day Rule for IBS, and eat what you can tolerate.

Sending positive thoughts your way!
Lisa

Return to “Too Much Information”