Possible Relapse Again

Since c-diff is a disease of the "lower half", so to speak, we find that many of our members cannot refrain from discussing what comes out the bottom end. If you must do it, please do it here.
NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Re: Possible Relapse Again

Postby NanciT » Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:00 pm

Hi Roberta

I was on a very long taper...too long. When I went through this 2 years ago, my 2nd GI was a great guy(first one missed it completely) until I did not respond to Vanco taper. We did our own research and found a study done on Dificid. He didnt know what to do but would not refer me and told me no one was doing FMT's due to the FDA rules etc....it was terrible. I was getting sicker and could get in with anyone else.
It was a slow 3 month taper. There are several posters here that did a 30 days taper and have done great.
I have continued with Post IBS and I believe it is due to the length of time I was on medication.
It is so frustrating not having actual "Protocols" set for CDIFF, the suffering so many go through with these GI's all over the place in their treatments is terrible.
If you look under CDI treatments, I believe it is posted there.
It took awhile on Dificid for my symptoms to go away, infact I did not feel well while on it the entire time.

Hope it kicks in for you and you feel better soon!!
NanciT

Return to “Too Much Information”