Trouble Going

Since c-diff is a disease of the "lower half", so to speak, we find that many of our members cannot refrain from discussing what comes out the bottom end. If you must do it, please do it here.
RhinoRy
Regular User

Trouble Going

Postby RhinoRy » Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:08 pm

Hey guys,

Another question.

Ever since C-Diff (I am currently on my second relapse and taking Dificid), I have had trouble going poop like I used to. I guess what bothers me is that the stool never really pushes down to bottom of my colon, triggering that, "Oh man gotta go find a bathroom so I can poop." It seems like it stops in my colon before it gets to that point. I can tell when something is sitting there but it just doesn't push through to the point where it "triggers" that gotta go feeling.

Did anyone else have this? Any thoughts? Temporary? Permanent?

It's just frustrating. Kinda worries me a little too.

-Ryan

susant
Regular Contributor

Re: Trouble Going

Postby susant » Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:40 pm

Yep. Exact same with me. Especially while on dificid.

kandr
New User

Postby kandr » Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:03 pm

I am not on Dificid, but I am having the same Trouble. IBS or Cdif, just don't undrestand. I have tested at Same lab many times (PCR) one Positive in 2012. did Flagel. tested Negative many times, but Felt So Sick off and on. Tested Positive again in April 2016 treated 2weeks Vanco, 3days off. Pain was So Bad went back on Vanco 2 more weeks. tested negative 2 more times. Pain came back. Tested positive on Sept.7th 2016 did Vanco 2weeks again. Now GI Doc wants to do a FMT. I have seen 3 GI docs & 2 ID docs. I have Not been Normal for 4 yesrs !!! HAIR falling out Big Time. Can't lay on Right side, feels like I am on a Rock. Has anyone had this ? Has anyone gotten back to GOOD Health?

Jill79
Regular Contributor

Postby Jill79 » Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:37 pm

Hi RhinoRy,

Yes I had and occasionally have the same thing, but while on and shortly after coming of Vanco. Has your doctor discussed using a fiber supplement with you? My GI recommended it before I even started having the problem. I only say this because now that I can eat a little more and add different foods that contain more fiber, I don't have that problem as much. Are you drinking enough water? Dehydration can cause C too.

If it really concerns you, ask your doctor. Hope you feel better soon! :)

Jill79
Regular Contributor

Postby Jill79 » Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:44 pm

Kandr,

Have they tested you for other things? Have you had an abdominal CT scan, ultrasound or MRI imaging? Blood work, urinalysis, etc.?

I'm sorry to hear you are in so much pain for so long. If you are truly suffering and it's solely due to the C. Diff, I think you may want to take your GI doctor's instruction, or get a second opinion from another GI or Infectious Disease doctor.

Hope you find the answers and treatment you need and start feeling better soon! :)

Davidtm
Regular Contributor

Postby Davidtm » Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:03 am

I have had this with every relapse. I just don't have the urge to go when the meds kick in and It seems I don't feel anything at all down there like the nerves are all dead. I have to try and go because the urge doesn't come along. After a few days this resolves though and goes back to normal. Also with any bout of d it takes a while for things to build back up in the empty colon which I heard is 5 feet long! . Hope it resolves for you soon.

kandr
New User

Postby kandr » Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:58 pm

Hi Guys,

I have had So Meny Different Tests Done: CT's, Scopes, Ultrasounds,Blood work,Stool Tests. You name it I have had it ! I Do Not Like That It Is Really Up to ME, Do FMT or Wait.

What Do I know... Just That Something has Not been Right sense 2012. I also Think IT is Not Really Gone !!!??? IBS or Cdiff , IBS or Cdiff, IBS or Cdiff... Make IT Stop ! lol

amyc
Long Time Contributor

Postby amyc » Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:53 pm

Have you had an FMT? They have about a 90% primary cure rate, up to 98% cure if a second one is required. Try not to panic--it doesn't do any good anyway. There was one young lady here who was very sick with Crohns and C diff for a couple of years who was cured of both conditions by one FMT. I haven't seen her around for 3 or 4 years because she got cured and moved on with her life.

I was cured by 14 days of vancomycin after 15 days of flagyl didn't do the trick. I went to an ER the first day of relapse symptoms after the flagyl, started vanco that day and have been good since 2012. I've even taken antibiotics since then with no relapse. A cure is possible!

kandr
New User

Postby kandr » Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:05 pm

O... Thank you Thank you Thank you ! I Really needed to hear this ! I have not had the FMT yet. I am just trying to come to grips with all this !

Return to “Too Much Information”