Color Around Stool

Since c-diff is a disease of the "lower half", so to speak, we find that many of our members cannot refrain from discussing what comes out the bottom end. If you must do it, please do it here.
RhinoRy
Regular User

Color Around Stool

Postby RhinoRy » Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:56 am

Hey guys,

Totally a TMI question...

I'm 8 days into a Dificid round (failed flagyl and short course vanco). I'm having formed stool on the Dificid that are pleasantly darker than what I was putting out on vanco (that orange color). However, when my poo sits in the bottom of the toilet, the water around kinda turns yellow. Like the stool is diffusing a yellowish liquid. It's not a crazy amount, just the water immediately surrounding the stool. And no, this is not my urine.

Any idea what/why this is?

Thanks

Ryan

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Re: Color Around Stool

Postby georgina » Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:56 am

Hi RhinoRy
Glad that things are improving! That yellow liquid could be mucus but who knows.If i were you i would try not worry so much about what i see in the toilet as long as it's not diarrhea and it's not frequent , there is a lot of toilet weirdness going on when you deal with CDiff.

Lisa33
Long Time Contributor

Postby Lisa33 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:46 pm

I was told by my doctor not to worry about color unless it's red or black. I am 14 months out since vanco, and I get the yellow that you describe. Most likely the stools appear brown, but they are brown-yellow, and when you flush, they are loose enough to diffuse the yellow liquid. That's my opinion, as yellow seems to be my color mostly since c diff. :-) I honestly wouldn't worry about this. As long as you are not having D and your stools are becoming formed, you are in recovery.

Jackie25
Regular Contributor

Postby Jackie25 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:06 pm

I agree with Lisa :) I, too, experience the yellow color. Light brown/yellow, and I'm of 6 months into recovery. Of course, it worries sometimes too. But I was also told color doesn't mean very much in the grand scheme of things. (Unless-as Lisa said-it's red or black).

Congrats on the formed stool and I pray you continue to heal and recover :)

roy
Administrator

Postby roy » Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:14 pm

Bile gives a turd its color.
Bile is a liquid.
Bile is yellow/brown.

tessa63
Regular Contributor

Postby tessa63 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:49 am

I would expect weird colors and lots of odor on the Dificid. On Vanco my BM's were odorless, but on Dificid and after Dificid they had a foul smell. You are lucky that they are formed so just ignore the color and smell because it sounds like its working to me. Good luck!

Return to “Too Much Information”