please dear God no!

Since c-diff is a disease of the "lower half", so to speak, we find that many of our members cannot refrain from discussing what comes out the bottom end. If you must do it, please do it here.
tonia
Regular Contributor

please dear God no!

Postby tonia » Sat Jan 09, 2016 9:57 am

Hey everyone. I havent posted in a while as things were going "ok"...now, not so much. On Thursday my stomach started with the constant noise..and I do mean constant. Yesterday, my husband thought sure I was beginning to obstruct as I was unable to "go" at all for two days and my stomach just kept getting bigger and bigger and very painful. He wanted me to go to the ER last night, but I refused as I know if I am obstructed the vomiting will begin and no point exposing myself to that environment if not necessary. Judging by this morning, I am not obstructed. The reason I have put this post here is to ask, has anyones relapse, especially if you have had FMT, started this way? Here is the TMI bit. All my other relapses were either yellow/orange stool or juat plain B and M. Now everything is green water. No change in diet, no meds etc. I know we are not doctors, just asking for experience. After having chronic D for 18 years, as strange as it sounds, I do not know what a "typical stomach virus" would present like. Obviously, if it gets worse I will go to ER or if it is still happening on Monday will call my GI. As you all know, sudden changes can get the worry started. Any words of wisdom appreciated.

P.s. I am in my 14th week post transplant...I know it can come back any damn time it wants, but what are the chances?

Lisa33
Long Time Contributor

Re: please dear God no!

Postby Lisa33 » Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:09 am

Hi Tonia - I know as soon as things get weird, the anxiety of a relapse comes flooding back. 14 weeks post FMT is a decent amount of time, so I would think the likelihood of a relapse is slim. It could very well be a stomach bug. Unfortunately, the only thing that will make things clearer is time. If it's a bug, symptoms should get better over the next day or two. Did you eat anything out of the ordinary or that could have been bad?

Obviously if you are feeling really concerned or very ill, please call your doctor. I hope you start to feel better soon.
Lisa

roy
Administrator

Postby roy » Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:35 am

If you are constipated the body compensates by making the stool. behind the compacted stool more liquid so it can pass the blockage.
If it continues get a Drs advice.

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Postby NanciT » Sat Jan 09, 2016 3:58 pm

Oh Tonia

I do hope it's a flu bug or something didnt sit right.....and you will be feeling better! 14 weeks is great especially that you have been feeling better until the last few days. I do remember your had a complicated history so I would watch real close and get it checked should the symptoms continue.

Hope you are feeling better soon!
NanciT

chinacherry88
Regular Contributor

Postby chinacherry88 » Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:06 pm

Colour usually depends on the time food comes you through. Most times green colour means fast moves -the colour belongs to bile from gall bladder -. At least is what my GI told me. My first relapse was that remarkable orange whereas the second one was green. Hope it's just a virus you have been through a lot tonia. A big hug.

saraht
Long Time Contributor

Postby saraht » Sat Jan 09, 2016 9:14 pm

Agreed with Roy, we were always told in school that you can still go with a bowel obstruction. The D get's around the impaction, but the harder stuff stays, and continues to back up. If it continues, please don't hesitate to go to the er. My neighbor had this exact thing happen to her a couple different times. Not trying to scare you, just want you to be aware. Keep us posted.

-Sarah

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Sat Jan 09, 2016 9:36 pm

Toni'a,
Hope this is a stomach bug. Your chances of being "home free" increase daily.

You have Plan B so go with it if you have further problems.

Did doc mention fiber after FMT. Supposed to feed new good bacteria. I use Benifiber - dissolves in water and is fairly gentle. Ask your doc about it.

Hang in there. We are here for you.

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:43 am

Tonia , i'm so sorry you are having issues again . 14 weeks out from FMT is great and hopefully your issues are not CDiff related and like other have said is a stomach bug.Are you going to get tested again?
I'll pray for you !
{{hugs}}

tonia
Regular Contributor

Postby tonia » Sun Jan 10, 2016 7:57 am

Probably headed to the hospital. Have reached the point of constant pain, nothing but yellow water coming out and even small sips of water hurt. Please pray for me if you are so inclined and I will pray for all of you.

roy
Administrator

Postby roy » Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:35 am

Dont hesitate.
Go to ER now!

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:53 am

Oh , Tonia , i have no words.You were doing so well on your recovery.I will pray for you girl , stay strong!!

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Postby NanciT » Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:11 pm

Please go to the ER, praying all goes well!!

Lisa33
Long Time Contributor

Postby Lisa33 » Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:34 pm

Praying for you Tonia. I do hope all is ok. Please keep us posted.

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:02 pm

Agree. Get to ER. Let us know the results. Prayers and good thoughts.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:59 pm

Prayers from me too. I read that norovirus is doing around in many states. Hopefully it is not c diff. Let us know.

Return to “Too Much Information”