Recovering or med didn't work?

Since c-diff is a disease of the "lower half", so to speak, we find that many of our members cannot refrain from discussing what comes out the bottom end. If you must do it, please do it here.
hledgess
Regular Contributor

Recovering or med didn't work?

Postby hledgess » Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:19 am

Ok so I never had the normal diarrhea thing..just green mush..once in the morning and that's it..but I had gas and an all over icky feeling in my tummy..been a week since off flagyl..I go once in the morning again..but sometimes brown but today a lil yellow again so I'm worried ..I don't eat too much bc I get cramps and I take 2 s. Boulardi Mos a day..I retest tomorrow..but I have random back pain n tummy burning so I'm worried. .how long bc u guys had normal.color bm and for symptoms to improve

roy
Administrator

Re: Recovering or med didn't work?

Postby roy » Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:36 am

Most Drs would not have tested you for c.diff and most definatly would not treat on the symptoms you describe.
It sounds like your Dr is not familiar with c.diff because even testing to try to prove its gone is going against ALL the guidlines.

hledgess
Regular Contributor

Postby hledgess » Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:41 pm

I had taken pepto and had awful pain bc of slowing things down. The test showed I def had it and I have felt awful so idk what it'd be. .I think he tests so I have a peace of mind

saraht
Long Time Contributor

Postby saraht » Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:37 pm

It can take months for you gut to heal from the infection of c.diff. For some people c.diff leaves what's called IBS-PI which stands for POST INFECTION. A lot of us who have had this illness over and over, cannot tell the difference between IBS or a relapse/reoccurring infection. We are constantly guessing ourselves. For me, it took about a year until I was back to some kind of "normal" state, but I had also had c.diff for an extremely long period of time.

Have you always taken probiotics? Just so you know, probiotics can also upset the GI tract and cause the same symptoms. Hope you get some good results!

-Sarah

Lisa33
Long Time Contributor

Postby Lisa33 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:04 pm

My GI says not to worry about color unless it's red or black. I also agree with Roy. You should not test based on the symptoms that you describe. Also, testing too soon after meds can give false results. The guidelines are really not to test for a cure, but if you do retest, it should be at least 10-14 days, the longer the better. Have they tested for other pathogens to make sure that there isn't anything else going on? I know everybody is different, but you are not describing the typical symptoms for c-diff. Copious watery D with the urgency to go is usually the tell tale sign, accompanied by nausea, loss of appetite, sometimes fever and chills, fatigue and a feeling of being completely unwell. As Sarah said, many do experience PI-IBS. See IBS-3 Day Rule under CDI Info under the Board Index.

I hope you feel better soon.
Lisa

hledgess
Regular Contributor

Postby hledgess » Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:30 pm

I only started taking probiotics again since I have been reinfected with c. Diff..I did have general not feeling well and cramps n nausous a lil..lately just pressure like I feel like I need to go..back pain n crampy a lil..my dr said today 7 days is the minimum to test so testing tomorrow...but my prior whatever it's called test was def c diff..I've always had weird gi issues before getting c. Diff..it was a shock to my gi dr back in may. .he had tested for everything..n everything negative so finally did a stool sample n had it

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Wed Jan 06, 2016 2:49 am

The probiotics may be contributing to your GI symptoms. If your test is negative, maybe try to cut them down or try a different one.

Return to “Too Much Information”