Update on my uncle

Since c-diff is a disease of the "lower half", so to speak, we find that many of our members cannot refrain from discussing what comes out the bottom end. If you must do it, please do it here.
Douglas7
Regular User

Update on my uncle

Postby Douglas7 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:10 am

Hello, friends, I am sorry I haven't posted in so long, but life has been very busy. Anyways my uncle, whom has severe Multiple sclerosis, is still fighting Cdiff, and not doing so well. He has been in and out of the hospital/ER more times than I care to admit. Lately though, he has been getting very loopy/out of it. The doctors at first said it could possibly be the Cdiff, but then discovered he had a urinary track infection and said it was that causing it. Just recently they discovered he is having some sort of seizures and are now saying it's the seizures causing the loopiness, but they don't know what's causing the seizures. my question is, can Cdiff spread to the brain or different parts of the body?or is it pretty much only in the colon?

roy
Administrator

Re: Update on my uncle

Postby roy » Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:12 pm

C.diff is only a disease of the colon.
Dehydration , septacemia, kidney failure etc caused by D can cause the patient to become confused or "loopy"

Douglas7
Regular User

Re: Update on my uncle

Postby Douglas7 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:43 pm

Thanks for your reply Roy, I appreciate the info

Return to “Too Much Information”