specs of red in mucus

Since c-diff is a disease of the "lower half", so to speak, we find that many of our members cannot refrain from discussing what comes out the bottom end. If you must do it, please do it here.
jjglad
Regular Contributor

specs of red in mucus

Postby jjglad » Sun Nov 15, 2015 4:31 am

Hello again! I just can't seem to win these days. :(
My bowels seem to be getting back to "formed", but this evening when I have gone, I have noticed the lovely mucus, but with specs of red in it...

This is my second round with CDiff and I know the mucus is normal, but wondered and trying not to freak about the specs of blood mixed in! It is not in the BM per say, just mixed in with the mucus and small specs at that. No blood on the TP or in the bowl, just in the mucus. I have been back on Vanco for 24 hours now, but have not dealt with this before.

is my poor gut THAT messed up? :(

roy
Administrator

Re: specs of red in mucus

Postby roy » Sun Nov 15, 2015 5:39 am

Blood should stop in a day or two, Vanco takes 3-6 days to kick in.
If it gets worse go to your Dr.

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Sun Nov 15, 2015 5:57 am

Hi JJ
Cdiff comes with blood and mucus for most people.I had the mucus but never had blood. However , like Roy said vanco will kick in soon ,try not to worry to much.And yes , your gut is messed up after CDiff and it remain so for some time even if you will test negative and you will be in recovery.

jjglad
Regular Contributor

Postby jjglad » Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:33 am

Thank you both! I appreciate the reassurance. The frustrating part is that I felt better last week before I found out I was still CDiff positive. Since starting on the Vanco Friday evening I am feeling worse all over. So frustrating!! I would rather have not known I was CDiff + then to feel like this again...

roy
Administrator

Postby roy » Sun Nov 15, 2015 11:03 am

When you say you felt fine but found out you were positive do you mean your Dr tested to try and prove it was gone?
That type of test is notorious for resulting in overtreatment and the experts say it should not be done.
The only proof of cure is that the symptoms are gone.
You can test positive for a long while after c.diff is "cured"

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Sun Nov 15, 2015 11:08 am

JJ , you feel worse in what way?You said that your BM a looking formed again.Are you bleeding more or cramping?If you don't get relief in the following days then maybe you should talk to your doctor.What is your vanco dosage? Sometimes people have symptomes on vanco if the dosage is not right.When i was put on 125 mgx4times/day i was still having frequent looser stools and i upped my vanco to 250mgx3 times/day and i felt fine.

jjglad
Regular Contributor

Postby jjglad » Sun Nov 15, 2015 12:01 pm

No, "things" were certainly still mush last week and by Friday I had WD! But felt fine overall. Just the D! Since starting Vanco now I just feel cruddy all over. I tested again late last week because I could tell the bowels were going in the wrong direction despite probiotics, Kefir, eating bland, etc. I dunno anymore, but the WD on Friday around lunch was certainly not good! Bowels have been better since starting Vanco on Friday, even though it makes me go more then without it. Just feel icky all over. Body has been thru so much though...and here we are again.

I will certainly be calling the GI office tomorrow and seeing if I should be on a higher dose of Vanco or something else. I just worry that if the Flagyl made me miserable that the Deficid will too. I want to fight this once and for all, but I am also a mom of 3 trying to function somewhat. Has been a VERY tough 6 weeks.

Georgina, I know I probably have your info. somewhere...did you taper off of the 250mg to finally be cured or how did you do it?

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Sun Nov 15, 2015 1:36 pm

My first vanco taper was like this: 10 days 250mgx4times/day then 7days 125mgx4times/day ,then 125mgx3times/day for 5 days ,then 125mgx2times/day for 3 days,then 125 mg/day for a week ,then 125mg every other day for another week. This kept me symptomes free for a month even though i had to take my anti-TB meds (12 antibiotics a day). After 5 weeks i relapsed and i did another taper this time starting at 125 mgx4times/day and it didn't work and i had to up my vanco to 250mgx3times/day and i felt fine on this dosage and tapered down after 10 days .When i got down to 125mg/day i started having symptomes again so i decided to cut out the vanco and start home enemas.I did 20 fecal enemas with my husband as my donor but after 9 weeks (now) i relapsed ,or maybe i was never cured.And now ,even though i tested positive for toxins i don't have a full blown infection , i have very mild symptomes and i treat only with bentonite clay and bee propolis (for now).I'm looking forward to see my doctor tuesday to see how he wants to treat me.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Sun Nov 15, 2015 6:17 pm

I had streaks of blood with M when I was on vanco for the first few days. My doctor told me that the vanco kills the bacteria, but the toxins that were already made by the bacteria before it was killed, need a few days to exit the body.

Return to “Too Much Information”