tearing of old scar, fissure? ugh.

Since c-diff is a disease of the "lower half", so to speak, we find that many of our members cannot refrain from discussing what comes out the bottom end. If you must do it, please do it here.
zinnia1
Regular Contributor

tearing of old scar, fissure? ugh.

Postby zinnia1 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:44 pm

So my turn for embarrassing question- has anyone felt like they had torn a bit w/all of the bowel activity? I have an old scar from fistula surgery many years ago. It is like a cut right thru muscle. I find that if constipated , or after this recent cdiff it becomes inflamed and the scar becomes fissure-like. Currently I have felt that my bowels were in a pretty "normal" place, but all of a sudden I have this burning pain again and what seems like a sore inside- which suggests to me the scar has opened a bit. So annoying when bowel movement are "normal" altho I guess the mucosal lining can just become raw and irritated from all use- sometimes I question the design of our body- too easy to get hemorrhoids and stuff like this. But maybe it is just me? Not something I ever hear anyone talking about! Hopefully someone reading this will have some reassuring words or can compare experiences. I mean we move our bowels everyday- is it normal to feel some spasms or swelling, or in this case some overstretched pain? Taking lots of sits baths, but scheduled for a routine colonoscopy in a month and really don't want to go thru prep if I feel like this.

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Re: tearing of old scar, fissure? ugh.

Postby NanciT » Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:28 pm

Hi

Yes, people have talked about Fissures and hemorrhoids on this board. I developed a very painful fissure post CDIFF, it took a long time to heal.
With your history of a fistula repair, I would get it checked out, especially if you are scheduled for the colonoscopy. Go and get it checked before putting yourself through the prep.

Sorry you are going through this, so frustrating after dealing with CDIFF.....and all the things that can come along with it!!

zinnia1
Regular Contributor

Postby zinnia1 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:21 am

Thanks NanclT-was there anything you used to help the process?

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Postby NanciT » Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:40 am

Sent you a PM

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:28 am

My son had a surgical repair for a fistula and was told to take a fiber drink afterwards "to soften everything up" every day.

zinnia1
Regular Contributor

Postby zinnia1 » Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:43 am

thanks Bobbie- hoping to avoid surgery! Tear is on top of old fistula surgery scar- so apparently a natural weak spot in out anatomy. Once you have a scar- surgery or "natural" it is prone. Scars= thinner skin. Annoying. So yes, fiber, but not too much, softness, but w.in reason… The whole delicate dance continues. :-(

zinnia1
Regular Contributor

Postby zinnia1 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:28 pm

So long since I posted- but looking at this old thread- I ended up having a second fistulomy April 2017. First one from many years ago not well done and after c diff and ibs a new fistula evolved. Been a long year of healing and struggling with food choices. Just as I am finally better old IBS has kicked in with a vengence. Sigh. Colon issues just keep on giving!

Return to “Too Much Information”