Embarrassing: Anal discharge when I tooted.

Since c-diff is a disease of the "lower half", so to speak, we find that many of our members cannot refrain from discussing what comes out the bottom end. If you must do it, please do it here.
Dobies#1
Long Time Contributor

Embarrassing: Anal discharge when I tooted.

Postby Dobies#1 » Sat Sep 12, 2015 10:08 am

Guys, I did a search and couldn't really find anything similar so I'll ask the question. It's embarrassing, but yesterday I sat on the toilet to use the bathroom and I tooted and some clear/yellowish stuff came out that had a little stool mixed in and it smelled slightly fishy. I'm blushing as I type this! Anyway, then I did poop. My stomach hurt/cramped before and after so I took some Tums and it went away. This is worrisome to me. My mind is going crazy worrying about some sort of infection, like colitis/proctitis, or Crohn's!! I have an appointment with my rectal surgeon who checks my hemorrhoids every once in awhile so I'm going to ask him. I just wondered if anyone here had ever had this happen. I'm sure it's happened before but the color and odor is why I'm nervous. I've been taking Zantac at night because I've been having some pains if I don't take it. I do have mild gastritis/GERD. I am two years out from having C Diff, which is good but man my PTSD from it sure does suck! The stress just keeps coming. My checkup with my Oncogist is Monday morning too and I'm always nervous around those. Ugh! Anyway, I know I can't post on this one again today so thank you in advance!

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Re: Embarrassing: Anal discharge when I tooted.

Postby beth22 » Sat Sep 12, 2015 2:47 pm

That sounds like mucus. I have had that happen. It happens more after I have been constipated, but it has happened at other times too. Check with the rectal surgeon to see if hemmorhoids are causing it or as you said, proctitis.

Lisa33
Long Time Contributor

Postby Lisa33 » Sat Sep 12, 2015 10:06 pm

I was going to say the same thing that it sounds like mucus. Maybe your nerves from your upcoming oncologist appointment is bringing on some IBS. I have gotten mucus before when my IBS was acting up.

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Sun Sep 13, 2015 3:14 am

Mucus means irritation. Beth and Lisa gave you good advice.

Stress can aggravate IBS.

Dobies#1
Long Time Contributor

Postby Dobies#1 » Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:53 pm

Thanks for the replies! I see the Proctologist on Tuesday so I'll ask him to take a good look. Haha! I haven't had it again. My husband says he's had it before also. I'm mostly worried because if you google anal mucus that smells fishy you get the scary answers like infection, proctitis, Ulcerative Colitis or Crohn's!! I have been using a lot of wet wipes because my poop hasn't been as soft as usual so it's taking more work to get clean. So maybe I've just irritated my rear or something like that.
I've got a busy next few days. I have my Oncology appointment tomorrow, then my Proctologist appt Tuesday afternoon. My female dog is on Prednisone until Thursday so I can't be gone away from home for very long because it's making her drink and pee a lot! We have to get up a few times at night to let her out too, so I'm exhausted. Oh and my throat feels irritated and I'm having lots of post nasal drip and my head and ears feel stuffy so I'm hoping it's just from allergies, or if I am getting sick hopefully it's just like a cold! Also since this is the TMI forum, I've been having yellowish sticky female discharge too the past few days. It doesn't smell, itch, or burn so I'm hoping it's nothing too bad. It's only coming out when I pee, so far. Trying so hard to take one day at a time this week though! Anyway, thanks for listening you guys! XOXOXO!!!

Dobies#1
Long Time Contributor

Postby Dobies#1 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:09 am

Guess I don't have an Oncology appointment today! I know I scheduled it the last time I was there because it was in my phone,but the scheduler forgot to put it in the system. I thought it was odd that I hadn't received a call to remind me and it wasn't in my online chart! So I emailed my Oncology nurse and she scheduled one for next Monday. I was ready to get it over with! I'm just glad I didn't drive to the hospital and pay for valet parking though!

Edit: I had to cancel my appointment with the proctologist tomorrow because I can't leave my dog for very long without her peeing in the house from the Prednisone. She is having to go out every hour or two, and the protctologist is an hour away from our house. It's not fair to her. She's had a few accidents when I was busy doing laundry and cleaning. My stomach hasn't bothered me much lately BUT today for lunch I had a frozen chicken egg roll and now I'm having cramps and lots of gas, which usually leads up to a soft BM/diarrhea. Oh boy!! Ugh!

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:41 pm

If the yellow discharge continues, see a doc.

Sounds as tho you have a busy week doctor wise. I try not to see more than one doc in a week because I find it exhausting.

Return to “Too Much Information”