Stool stays after flushing

Since c-diff is a disease of the "lower half", so to speak, we find that many of our members cannot refrain from discussing what comes out the bottom end. If you must do it, please do it here.
sevla
Regular Contributor

Stool stays after flushing

Postby sevla » Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:05 am

Quick weird question. Is it a bad sign if the stool stays in the toilet bowel after you flush? This only happened to me before when I relapsed (and it was usually when I had a pile of mushy stools).

I am 3 days out from my FMT and just had a BM which what I just described and it was not flushed the first time. I am of coursed freaking out (anxiety is still too real). I know BM are all over the place in the first few weeks after treatment but this thing about stools not being flushed makes me worry as it happened to me only when I had an active infection.

roy
Administrator

Re: Stool stays after flushing

Postby roy » Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:16 pm

Sick a flag in it and go sailing!
Seriously though.
Stop worrying unless you have D.

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Postby NanciT » Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:56 pm

Sevla

Happy you have had the FMT and hoping you are on your way to recovery. With all the DIficid you were on prior and then the FMT I can honestly say I think you are going to do well!

The anxiety really takes a toll on so many including myself. It is not easy to learn to live with this fear we have but in time it will get better. Give yourself a break and some time to recover. Treat yourself well, you have been through so much and now you need time to recover.
For some after FMT it happens quickly, for others it's a bit longer. I still have IBS after 3 months of Dificid. When I went on the taper, I had a very specific Study that was done on Dificid I took in to my doctor. He agreed and I was lucky the insurance covered it.
You have now been on DIficid for (40 days?) and an FMT. The body needs time, the tough part is the fear we deal with.
I hope you are feeling better VERY soon!!

sevla
Regular Contributor

Postby sevla » Sun Aug 30, 2015 2:07 pm

Thanks, Roy and Nanci. Your support is very much appreciated!
I usually worry a lot because with my relapses I did not have the typical watery D which is the symptom for most people. I just had a high frequency and softer stools. It makes it even harder for me to know what is what (recovery, IBS, cdiff). However, I will just take one day at a time and be patient with the recovery. I seriously hope this will help me (it is scary to think that I would belong to the 10% of the cases in which it does not).

Anyways, am trying to stay optimistic (even if the worry does not go away that easily). :)

Thanks again!

Lisa33
Long Time Contributor

Postby Lisa33 » Sun Aug 30, 2015 2:50 pm

I don't know if this is a fact, so you should check with your doctor, but I have read that sticky stools are because of excess oil or malabsorption of fat. So given that, it may just be dietary/digestive. Your GI system has been through so much, including an abundance of meds. I think all of what you are experiencing BM wise is from everything that you have been through and is most likely normal. I think if you said today that you were back to normal BM's and everything was pre-ciff like, I would be more surprised to hear. It is most likely going to take time to get there. Between c-diff, long-term treatment of meds, probiotics, FMT, etc, your system needs time to heal.

Lisa

sevla
Regular Contributor

Postby sevla » Sun Aug 30, 2015 3:31 pm

Thanks a lot, Lisa.
My guts have indeed been through a lot, so I have to be patient and not expect the miracle cure within 2-3 days. There is so much press around feeling immediately better after FMT that sometimes it creates high expectations. Patience is the best medicine at the moment..I wish there would be a supplement for patience though! Lol

Thanks again!

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Sun Aug 30, 2015 4:28 pm

Sevla, some of us have gone through c diff for years."Just sayin' "

Pls don't post the appearance of your toilet contents in two forums as you did today -'FMT Discussion and Too Much Information. Once is more than enough.

Your recovery sounds normal to me. How fortunate you are to live in a time when there are support groups and more than one or two effective treatments.

Hang in there. I think you are "almost home."

sevla
Regular Contributor

Postby sevla » Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:14 pm

Sorry for posting it twice, Bobbie and thanks for the words of encouragement.

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:54 pm

Was going to edit previous post because I thought it was a little harsh. Glad you were not upset.

I am tired - still no explanation for my husband's stroke. This house is too large for us and we are downsizing and looking at maintenance provided villas. BIG job. For the first time in years, our basement is almost clean.

Regardless of when and how long you have c diff, it is a horrendous infection to have. For years I have tried to analyze why. I think it is because:
1. It is an embarrassing infection.
2. You never know how you are going to feel one hour from another. You can be fine in the morning and make plans with friends but be so sick several hours later, you have to cancel and know they are thinking, "How can she/he be sick again and so rapidly?" Relationships with friends, co-workers, and friends are often jeopardized.
3. No one, except for others who had c diff can understand how panicky and ill you feel. It robs you of your strength and your confidence.

Can someone come up with some other reasons? Am going to copy this and put it on the Chat Forum

In all the years I have been on this site, we have not lost a poster from c diff. One of our frequent posters, Cindy M, died but not from c diff but from cancer of the pancreas. Her parents both died young of cancer. Cindy was 62. I used to think that was old - not anymore.

You will be OK.

sevla
Regular Contributor

Postby sevla » Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:43 pm

Now worries, Bobbie! I was not upset at all. I understand we are all so tired of cdiff and everything that comes with it. I cannot even imagine dealing with it for years - my heart always aches when I know people dealt with it/deal with it for long periods of time. Your post is very on point and I agree with those reasons. My friends gave up asking me to go out as I always ended up cancelling on them. I guess they are waiting for me to be the one showing I am fine and ready to hang out. I also don't enjoy being out andnot estingyor drinking while others are enjoying nice drinks and foods.

I am so sorry about your husband. I hope he feels better and better. Looking for a new place is for sure very stressful. I hope you find something soon and that the process is smooth.

Sending hugs and positive energy your way.

Return to “Too Much Information”