question about stool

Since c-diff is a disease of the "lower half", so to speak, we find that many of our members cannot refrain from discussing what comes out the bottom end. If you must do it, please do it here.
tonia
Regular Contributor

question about stool

Postby tonia » Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:23 am

Hey everyone. So, this is probably going to sound silly. Here is a little background as to why i am asking this question.

Before i was diagnosed with c diff, i had watery D chronically and consistently for 18 years. No "normal" stool in all that time. Due to this, as strange as it may sound, i honestly can not remember what "normal" would be. I had a FMT 3 weeks ago and am trying to decipher if things are good or not. I will not be retested unless D returns. (Some doctors test at various intervals after fmt, my doctor no longer does) I am having formed stool although it is not one piece like i think it should be. It is easy to pass so i can't say if it is "solid" and i am not about to keep the lid up to see if it breaks apart when flushing! It varies from very light brown to yellowish, which concerns me. Most days i go 2-3 times a day. I am also not sure how many times a day would be considered normal.

Like i said, this may seem a silly question, but i could really use advice as to what is considered normal aside from the bristol chart pictures. If any one can help me out with this i would really appreciate it.

Also, for those that have had fmt, did your doctors give you any estimate on how long you could still be contagious after the procedure if it worked?

Thanks!

NikaNik
Long Time Contributor

Re: question about stool

Postby NikaNik » Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:08 pm

Hi, tonia!

While I am not a doc, to me it sounds like you are doing great and having a normal recovery. I'm four months out, and while I haven't had an FMT, I went about 2-3 times a day for a few months (sometimes more, sometimes less) and the formed stools were often not one, long piece. They'd come out in segments (TMI). Now I'm going an average of 1-2 times and he same thing happens sometimes. Even before c diff (I went once a day) I often didn't get one perfect banana poop lol. They'd break in half or come out in several formed pieces so to me, it's normal.

Best wishes and prayers for a smooth, continued recovery!

xo
Nikki

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Re: question about stool

Postby beth22 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:27 am

It sounds normal to me too. Anywhere from 1-3 times a day is normal for most people. Some people don't have a bm every day and that is normal too.

Return to “Too Much Information”