Sulfur

Since c-diff is a disease of the "lower half", so to speak, we find that many of our members cannot refrain from discussing what comes out the bottom end. If you must do it, please do it here.
foots
Regular Contributor

Sulfur

Postby foots » Fri Aug 14, 2015 3:42 pm

Starting to worry again. Had to go 2 or 3x today (can't remember which) after some cramping. First time, I noticed a strong smell like beer or yeast (not taking any probiotics or drinking beer). Second time, I noticed a strong, sulfur smell. But I have not eaten any eggs.

Bad sign? I can't see this being a sign of getting better. In general, I go to bed ok & wake up gassy & crampy. Weird.

Doc has already told me they will not test formed stools, so that's out for now.

Also, I am SO tired. But don't feel sick.

Thoughts? It's ok if the thoughts are not positive, but realistic.

Lisa33
Long Time Contributor

Re: Sulfur

Postby Lisa33 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 4:45 pm

I am not saying this to make you nervous by any means, but I did a search on your posts because I could have sworn that you had this smell back in June as well. You did post that you had a sulfur smell right before you tested positive again for c-diff. You winded up starting on vanco a couple of days after that. I know many say that you shouldn't worry about smell, but when I had active c-diff, my stools had a distinct barnyard odor smell. There was no mistaken it. However, the smell did linger into recovery as well. But it was the strongest during the active infection. Because you are feeling well and don't have the frequent watery D, I think you have to just wait and see how things go. Hopefully it's nothing to worry about. It could just be from what you ate.

Hang in there, Foots. Hopefully the smell is gone tomorrow.
Lisa

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:10 pm

Foots,
I know you are upset - everyone with c diff is - but remember the one post a day regarding yourself after the first two months. You joined in May.See The Rules in the first forum. If you need to post more often, use the Chat Forum. One of the reasons we created it is for back and forth or ping pong conversations and to give posters more leeway in posting.

Feel better.

foots
Regular Contributor

Postby foots » Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:51 pm

I only posted once today.

Thank you; won't post on the forum again at all.

foots
Regular Contributor

Postby foots » Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:05 pm

It most certainly is.

Jackie25
Regular Contributor

Postby Jackie25 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:00 pm

Hi, foots. Hopefully you will continue to post, if you've truly only posted once today about yourself I wouldn't worry about it. There's so many on the site posting, maybe there was some confusion.

Regarding the smell, I never had a distinct smell that I can really remember during active infection. During recovery it took quite a while to have any sort of smell, I was told the vanco and other antibiotics used to treat c diff wipe out flora so some have no smell? Who knows lol however, I did begin to notice a smell a few weeks ago and of course I began to wonder what it meant, if anything. My PCP and GI said smell was sort of irrelevant unless you have the horrid D or other c diff symptoms accompanying it. But I believe other than the smell and some gas (normal during recovery) you are feeling okay?

Were you taking probiotics previously and recently stopped, however? I hope your anxiety lessens and you can relax some and let yor body try and heal. Anxiety will hinder this from happening! God bless and I hope you start feeling good soon :)

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Sat Aug 15, 2015 1:15 am

Foots,
Sorry you are leaving the site over a misunderstanding, No one was "bullying" you - we just pointed out you complained about the same thing several times and did ocassionally post too often in one day - something we rarely check but with several moderators on vacation, we are sometimes "spread thin." You always had the alternative to also post in the Chat Forum. We also mentioned you seem to be having a normal recovery altho only a doctor can determine this. I would check with your doctor about your worries over "color, consistency, smell."

Roy is from the UK and thus has a different sense of humor. My son married a British girl and they and their three kids live in Bath, England. Sometimes I don't "get" their jokes and vice versa. You do need a sense of humor to survive C diff mentally.

I have worked on this site since 1999, and I think you are the first person who has complained to the webmaster. You have a right to do so, but it is disappointing to try to help someone for months and have this happen. Perhaps you would be happier on another site. I listed some of them in General Discussion or just check Facebook.

We wish you the best.

Return to “Too Much Information”