First off and on constipation then all mucus - relapse?

Since c-diff is a disease of the "lower half", so to speak, we find that many of our members cannot refrain from discussing what comes out the bottom end. If you must do it, please do it here.
stitch20
New User

First off and on constipation then all mucus - relapse?

Postby stitch20 » Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:24 pm

So it's been about 4-5 months since I've been off vanco for my second round of c diff in two years. After the vanco I had a hard time getting back to normal. I also have a history of proctitis. Not sure if it's ulcerative though. Anyway for the past month or two I've been having off and on constipation and then a bunch of mushy stools. I figured the mushy stools would be from the constipation and being backed up. I'd sometime get mucus after constipation but not much. Two days ago I was constipated again for two days. Then last time had pellet bm follows by only pooping out small amounts of mucus. Figured it could be proctitis I used my hydrocortisone suppository again to heal the inflammation. Now today I only pooped only a large amount of mucus a few times. This scared the crap out of me as I've never passed that much before. Then I have had three Bm's so far that are mushy, stink, and hurt my stomach and butt. Wtf is going on again. I also have a fever and feel weak. Oh and constipation and formed stools were actually normal for me every time I had c diff. The main way I can tell if I have c diff is by that along with the smell and then occasional diarrhea. Praying I don't get to the diarrhea part. I'm going back to the doctors tomorrow praying it's not c diff but hoping they'll figure out wtf it is. I haven't seen my GI in two years and every time any butt problems come up he assumes it's my proctitis again and tells me to go back on the hydrocortisone which I know is horrible. I'm seeing a new GI in October... Hopefully My insides aren't ripped apart by then.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Re: First off and on constipation then all mucus - relapse?

Postby beth22 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:49 am

I had C and lots of M with my c diff too. I would probably get tested to see. Hopefully, it is your proctitis kicking up and not the c diff, but I would want to make sure given your history of having had C and M with c diff before.

stitch20
New User

Postby stitch20 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:55 am

Hi Beth,
Did you ever have diarrhea? Now that it's later in the day I've had more mucus followed up some watery stool. I'm kind of terrified with how my stomachs gonna be tomorrow morning at school

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:03 am

Yes, a couple of months ago, I was C for about a week, with just small amounts of pellet type stools and then I was getting a lot of gas and some cramping and basically, "cleaned out" by going many times, ending in WD the last couple of bms. I took in samples and nothing showed up. But, I did not have the M. When I get C, I often have some M with it, but not a lot like I did with c diff. After that bout of D, a few days later, I did get more M, but then it stopped the next day. If yours continues, I would get tested because what you describe were my symptoms with relapses.

getwellsoon
Long Time Contributor

Postby getwellsoon » Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:29 am

I had episodes of pure M and then it would progress to pellets and then D etc. I had these M episodes for months. I never was constipated though. Dr. told me it was mucous colitis and to use Metamucil, which helped me a lot. I think with your history I would go get tested just to rule out Cdiff at this point. Let us know how it goes. Hope you feel better.
CAROL

Return to “Too Much Information”