Question on color...

Since c-diff is a disease of the "lower half", so to speak, we find that many of our members cannot refrain from discussing what comes out the bottom end. If you must do it, please do it here.
achan
New User

Question on color...

Postby achan » Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:48 pm

I was on a vanco taper that didn't work and now I'm back to full dose awaiting an FMT. I'm feeling much better symptom wise (no more abdominal pain and a definite lessening in how often I have to go to the bathroom), but I've had some weird colors. My stool is varying shades of brown, which I'm used to, but I'll have dark green mucus about once a day. If I go again, it's normal, or at least not enough to tell. I think I've had something like that before occasionally, but I can't remember precisely. It seemed weird to me that the stool was one color while the mucus was definitely another. I've heard bile is dark green, and I've eaten some green veggies (green bell peppers) over the last couple of days. Has anyone had an experience like this? Should I call my doc about it? I don't want to call if it could be chalked up to something harmless. I don't need to get myself wrapped around the axel again. I've had enough of anxiety.

I've put toilet cleaner tablets in our toilets again so I can't see anything anymore since it turns everything dark blue. I'm trying to prevent myself from overanalyzing again. But I just can't get this out of my mind.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Re: Question on color...

Postby beth22 » Sun Jul 19, 2015 11:38 pm

I would not worry too much about it. I never had green, but others have had greenish stools. You could mention it to your doctor because sometimes green can indicate parasites, but you would be having D as the vanco would not kill the parasites. Otherwise, I don't think they would do anything for you besides this. My stools used to be yellow when I took vanco, but after the FMT, they returned to a more normal color.

achan
New User

Re: Question on color...

Postby achan » Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:53 am

Ok. That's very reassuring. Trying not to freak out about all this. C diff really messes with my brain. Every time I've gotten a relapse, I've had a lot of free-floating anxiety that just pops up all the time which makes me freak out about everything!

Thanks for your help and perspective, Beth!

Return to “Too Much Information”