What do you consider D?

Since c-diff is a disease of the "lower half", so to speak, we find that many of our members cannot refrain from discussing what comes out the bottom end. If you must do it, please do it here.
NikaNik
Long Time Contributor

What do you consider D?

Postby NikaNik » Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:58 am

Hey, gang!

I hope everyone had a wonderful, safe holiday. : ) I've been doing really well lately (84 days into recovery and going 1-4 times a day, usually in the mornings and eating some more foods).

I was looking at the Bristol scale this morning and noticed that most of the time my first BM of the day is like a 2-4 and sometimes the follow-ups are as well. But occasionally I'll have a type 5 or 6 happen (small formed pieces or small fluffy formed pieces - I think I remember someone on here describing a pile of commas haha). I never considered that D though. D to me is number 7 - totally unformed and usually but not always watery (which I've had several times in recovery but it went back to formed shortly after).

Do I have that right? Or are the types 5-6 actually D? I haven't been tested at all and am wondering if they are D if I should've been. So confusing!

Thanks!
Nikki

PS Sorry for the edits - my phone does not like me lol. Looked like I was illiterate so I fixed some things.

roy
Administrator

Re: What do you consider D?

Postby roy » Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:30 am

If you poo in a container and it quickly spreads out to take the shape of the container its D
If it clumps together and stands up for itself its semi formed not D

Jackie25
Regular Contributor

Postby Jackie25 » Sun Jul 05, 2015 1:17 pm

I agree with Roy :) my GI told me the same thing, if when I have my stool sample it quickly formed to the container then that is considered D. If it "stays where it lands" so to speak-how gross im sorry lol- then it is considered formed or semi formed as Roy stated! As crazy as it seems-84 days is AWESOME but still in a time frame where all over the place BMs can occur as I was told by my GI! 6 months to a year is what I was told to expect in regards to weird stool! Your doing so well though girl :)

sevla
Regular Contributor

Postby sevla » Sun Jul 05, 2015 1:56 pm

This is also very helpful for me. I have been trying to analyze my poop in the last 24h to see if it was D enough for the hospital lab to accept - I guess it was all semi formed according to your descriptions. :-)

Have you wver thought poop would gain such importance in your lives, where we analyze its shape, smell, consistency, colour.. Pretty amazing! Lol

Nikki, you are doinf AWESOME!!!

Return to “Too Much Information”