An embarrassing question?

Since c-diff is a disease of the "lower half", so to speak, we find that many of our members cannot refrain from discussing what comes out the bottom end. If you must do it, please do it here.
Dobies#1
Long Time Contributor

An embarrassing question?

Postby Dobies#1 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:12 pm

Hi guys, this is gonna sound stupid but I had an upset stomach and had a loose BM this afternoon. I had to hurry home so I held it about twenty minutes. Anyway a few minutes before I pooped and during my hiney hole was burning and is now sore. Also it was pretty smelly and it lingered for awhile and I had the vent fan on in the bathroom. I'm not saying I think it's C Diff but these things trigger my anxiety a bit! I gues my stupid/embarrassing question is do you all ever have the burning/soreness and lingering smell years after C Diff?? I had a piece of greasy pizza for lunch, plus I was really stressed out all weekend because I thought I felt a lump or lymph node on my arm. My doc thinks it's a tendon, but I was scared it was cancer! So I guess I'm having an IBS day.

NikaNik
Long Time Contributor

Re: An embarrassing question?

Postby NikaNik » Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:47 pm

Hey, Dobies!

So sorry you're having an IBS day. I think everyone here shares that same c diff fear but to also have the cancer anxiety on top of it just isn't fair. To answer your question - yes, I've totally had a burning or sore/itchy bum after a loose or D movement! No worries there. Sometimes those can be the ones that feel irritated to your rear before they exit too! And I find those are typically the ones that can be a bit more potent. Ha. It doesn't sound like c diff, especially after all this time and it sounds like your doc isn't worried about the tendon so try to relax if you can (easier said than done, I know!).

xo
Nikki

Dobies#1
Long Time Contributor

Postby Dobies#1 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:40 pm

Thanks for the reply Nikki! I'm still having some cramping and rumbly tummy. I just ate some syrup for supper. Think I'll take some Gas X to see if it'll settle the "storm".

Jackie25
Regular Contributor

Postby Jackie25 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:42 pm

I have also has the stinging/sore sensation during and after a BM. Usually those of mine seem to feel softer (still formed) and will have a stronger smell too. I'm not sure if it's from something I eat or one of those things that just happen sometimes for no apparent reason! And no question is stupid in my opinion, especially a poop question when you've had to deal to c diff! Lol I wouldn't worry about it too much :) probably just an IBS issue or something!

Lisa33
Long Time Contributor

Postby Lisa33 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:53 pm

I also agree with the others, Dobies. I too, have experienced the soreness and burning from those type of stools. It sounds like an IBS day, but I know that you can't help feeling anxious. We all do with every weird rumble in our tummy or loose stools. I actually had an IBS day today as well. I am pretty sure that any stress can trigger it, and given the fact that you were worried about feeling the lymph node, that is more than enough reason to trigger IBS. And, I agree with Nikki, it's not fair that you have to deal with the anxiety of cancer in addition to c-diff. But, try not to worry about the tummy troubles today. More than likely, you will improve tomorrow. And as Jackie said, no question is silly here. We all can relate.

Lisa

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:07 pm

Smelly stools can be malabsorption too. Maybe you didn't digest the pizza well.

Dobies#1
Long Time Contributor

Postby Dobies#1 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:21 am

Thanks everyone! I only had the one episode yesterday so hopefully it was just the pizza, heat and stress. Hope everyone has a good day!

Dobies#1
Long Time Contributor

Postby Dobies#1 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:38 am

Spoke too soon! I just had a really loose BM! No cramps really but diarrhea. Just wish I could shake the fears!!! I've been taking Zantac 75 before bed for a couple of weeks and I hope that hasn't caused C Diff??!!

NikaNik
Long Time Contributor

Postby NikaNik » Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:54 am

Hi, Dobie! It doesn't seem likely that a little bit of Zantac would cause a recurrence especially after this long. Most likely all the stress you've been under and maybe the greasy pizza (not blaming you for eating it - I would've too!). Take it easy today if you can and before you know it I bet things will be solid again. : )

Dobies#1
Long Time Contributor

Postby Dobies#1 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:45 am

Thanks for the encouragement Nikki! If I had never had C Diff I wouldn't give it a second thought but as you know it's hard to deal emotionally after this crap!

Jackie25
Regular Contributor

Postby Jackie25 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:30 am

Oh I'm betting it was the pizza! That happens to me also when I tried it for the first time, I'm sure the grease and cheese just didn't sit and digest well. Same thing happened to me with Chinese food, also. And you are SO right about not even thinking twice about having D before we ever got c diff!!!! I was thinking about this the other day actually, I had a softer BM one morning followed by "rabbit poop" so somewhat constipated and it caused a little anxiety for no reason, I sat there thinking that a year ago this wouldn't even make me think twice, I'd just flush and move on lol but now- we worry, have anxiety, and think the worst. I definitely think recovery is more stressful than active infection for sure!

I bet you start to see improvement soon though :) eat bland for a few days and try not to get worked up!

NikaNik
Long Time Contributor

Postby NikaNik » Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:06 am

I totally agree with you girls that before c diff we would've never given any of this stuff a second thought! I pretty much had guts of steel but sometimes greasy pizza (especially if coupled with soda) would give me D and I would sometimes get it around my period, too. Never gave it a second thought, even if it happened at work I'd be like "once and done" and wouldn't worry about it happening again or being something more serious. What I wouldn't give to have that old mindset and GI tract haha. But we will all get there, I have faith! Hang in there, Dobies! Like I said, definitely see if you can rest and relax today. You deserve it! xo

teresajo103
Regular Contributor

Postby teresajo103 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:48 am

Hi you guys...dobies first of all, to answer your question(we talk about poop all the time....so don't worry about a burning question) yes mam....I have had that problem. In fact, Sometimes I still do. I think it is just some minor irritation....but doesn't feel good. My doctor gave me some cleanser for my rear. It didn't help that much but if it is burning real bad....prep h wipes ease the burning some. I got them at Wal-Mart and they are in a little package I can carry in my purse. I don't have hemmis but it does relieve the burning....might be worth a try....but ask doctor first. I sure hoe it helps....I hoe you feel better soon.

Lisa33
Long Time Contributor

Postby Lisa33 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:33 am

Also, Balneol works great for irritation and burning.

Tonja13
Regular Contributor

Postby Tonja13 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:02 pm

Zantac 75 is a PPI. They have been indicated for CDI. My doctor has told me that I should never take them. (Luckily, I've not had heartburn issues--knock on wood.) If the D continues I would get tested.

Return to “Too Much Information”