Sulfur smell

Since c-diff is a disease of the "lower half", so to speak, we find that many of our members cannot refrain from discussing what comes out the bottom end. If you must do it, please do it here.
Lisa33
Long Time Contributor

Re: Sulfur smell

Postby Lisa33 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:12 pm

My first round of treatment was 10 days of Flagyl which failed. My second round was started with Flagyl again. I got through 9 days of that (did not agree with my body this round at all) and was switched to Vanco for 14 days, which cured me. I think the dosage was 250mg, 3x per day, if I remember correctly. My doctor originally was going to switch me to Dificid, but I requested the Vanco because I read that it had little to no side effects, and I was really sick from the Flagyl and couldn't take anymore side effects. I didn't know enough about Dificid at the time, so I went with the Vanco. In hindsight, I guess it's kind of weird that the doctor gave me a choice of the two. If I had relapsed again, my doctor was going to do the Vanco pulse/taper dosing. I would definitely speak to your doctor about this treatment method. It has cured a lot of people on this board. I wasn't completely comfortable with my GI doctor at the time, so I also got a second opinion from an ID doctor who did agree with the GI doctor's treatment plan. That was my experience. It does seem that the treatment plans among doctors aren't always uniform across the board for relapses, which is kind of frustrating. But you need to be comfortable with the plan and what the next steps are in case of a relapse. The only way to be comfortable is to ask as many questions as you need to.

I hope you feel better real soon and the Vanco beats the beast this time! :-)

Lisa

Lisa33
Long Time Contributor

Postby Lisa33 » Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:57 pm

Foots - I just wanted to correct my dosage/prescription for vanco that I wrote in my last post to you. It was actually 250mg, 4 times per day. I actually checked the script that I still have because I wasn't sure and didn't want to misspeak.

Feel better,
Lisa

Lisa33
Long Time Contributor

Postby Lisa33 » Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:53 pm

Foots - Sorry for being confusing, but I need to clarify dose again. I was right the first time - 250mg, 3 times per day. The script I have was because we thought I was relapsing again, so my doctor increased it to 4 times, but I never took that script because it wasn't a relapse. I was cured from the 250mg, 3 times per day.

Lisa

Return to “Too Much Information”