To me this is a Success Story, but it belongs here I guess

Since c-diff is a disease of the "lower half", so to speak, we find that many of our members cannot refrain from discussing what comes out the bottom end. If you must do it, please do it here.
Lisa33
Long Time Contributor

To me this is a Success Story, but it belongs here I guess

Postby Lisa33 » Thu May 28, 2015 11:09 am

It's been about 6 months since treatment for c-diff and since Sept since I was first infected by the beast, and for the first time EVER, I had what appears to me as a NORMAL-PRIOR-TO-C-DIFF-BM!!!!!! I am so excited, I want to tell everybody! LOL! But, I know other than my husband, the only other people that can appreciate this are you guys on this site! I don't know why this has happened today, but it has and I'm going to consider this the best thing I ever saw since before September! (as pathetic as that is) It is absolutely hysterical that I am this happy about a BM. Although formed for the most part, my BM's never look prior-to-c-diff-normal. I always say that what comes out now is my new normal. I have no idea why today things were different, and I will assume this is a rare siting like seeing a unicorn (LOL), but I am going to enjoy it for today. I just needed to share this joyous event with my c-diff friends.

Also someday, I will have the confidence to post my story in success stories. I just feel like I am not far enough out to post yet, and if I do I may be jinxing myself. I know I'm ridiculous, especially since I was fortunate to have kicked it after two rounds of meds (one relapse in between), but I am still not ready to accept that it's gone for good!

Stay healthy everybody,
Lisa

seekingcure
Long Time Contributor

Re: To me this is a Success Story, but it belongs here I gue

Postby seekingcure » Thu May 28, 2015 1:54 pm

Congratulations! Believe me, we all understand how exciting a normal BM can be to someone who has been through c-diff. It's the small things in life, lol. I hope this will be your new "new normal" from now on.
Bea

justme
Long Time Contributor

Postby justme » Thu May 28, 2015 4:29 pm

Lisa: GOOD NEWS!! Normal at last. I know how it feels - euphoric. I guess congratulations are in order.
Aloha,
Anne

Lisa33
Long Time Contributor

Postby Lisa33 » Thu May 28, 2015 5:42 pm

Thanks Bea and Anne! It's really pretty funny that this is the highlight of my life! Lolol. I'll take it though, even if it winds up being just one day!

zinnia1
Regular Contributor

Postby zinnia1 » Thu May 28, 2015 6:31 pm

Congrats Lisa!! I know- I was just thinking how elated I will be to not think about what is coming out of me- what others take for normal- boring stuff yet a super big deal!! I wish you continued healing.

Dobies#1
Long Time Contributor

Postby Dobies#1 » Thu May 28, 2015 8:02 pm

Pics or it didn't happen!!
Hahahahaha!!! ONLY KIDDING! Doing the happy dance for ya!

NikaNik
Long Time Contributor

Postby NikaNik » Thu May 28, 2015 8:43 pm

Awesome, Lisa! That is the best feeling! I am doing a happy poop emoji dance for you haha. Dobies - lol!!! Cracking up.

Lisa33
Long Time Contributor

Postby Lisa33 » Thu May 28, 2015 10:24 pm

LOLOLOLOL - Dobies, that was funny! Don't tempt me! Kidding ;-)

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Fri May 29, 2015 12:05 am

Congrats, Lisa. You are right. Only people with cdiff can appreciate this.

Lisa33
Long Time Contributor

Postby Lisa33 » Fri May 29, 2015 10:41 am

Well, back to the usual weird looking stools again. I'll take the one day though! It was exciting! LOL! I just have to laugh about it. But, more importantly, I can't complain because I am c-diff free and feel blessed to be feeling good. I pray that all of you that are still going through this terrible illness feel good soon too! No matter how badly you may feel while fighting this, remember there is a light at the end of this tunnel.

Here's to another normal poop someday! :-) Smiles to everybody!

-Lisa

zinnia1
Regular Contributor

Postby zinnia1 » Fri May 29, 2015 11:15 am

Hi Lisa- oh well! But excuse me for asking- I am new to this business- but what does a "normal" looking stool look like? I used to be prone to constipation and not drinking enough- but over the course of last seven months of of and on antibiotic use I took florastor daily (which causes looseness for me) and drank lot of water, ate a lot of yogurt etc. So the appearance changed then, but I thought maybe for better… but then ate the protein bar w/the huge amt of sugar alcohol in it and my system discharged it violently and then got the cdiff diagnosis… so now I eat very little, no fiber, and my stools are just small, sometimes long, rather soft and flaky pieces. Who'd of thought I'd miss constipation?! I sort of new how to handle that! Am adding wheat bread toast to see what happens and am dying for a frozen yogurt smoothie- but that has yogurt and strawberries….. :-(

Lisa33
Long Time Contributor

Postby Lisa33 » Fri May 29, 2015 11:37 am

To be honest, Zinnia1, I am not sure what normal is anymore either. In my opinion, a normal stool should be brown, one piece, that doesn't float (like a sausage). OMG, I feel weird typing this, but we are in "TMI" section. There is a chart called the Bristol Chart. You can google it. It shows what a stool should look like. Before yesterday, this "normal" stool hasn't happened for me since prior to c-diff. However, like you, I take probiotics, VSL-3 and Florastor, as well as, eat yogurt and Kefir. I also eat mostly gluten free and try to avoid sugary foods. This is a completely different diet than prior to c-diff when I didn't eat so healthy. I think this new diet with probiotics is what changed my stools to be the way they are. They are never consistent - pretty much different every day as far as consistency, color, everything really. I have considered this as my new normal. I also seem to have IBS issues since c-diff. There are days that I will go several times in the morning. I can't pinpoint certain foods that trigger it, but I do know that stress and anxiety brings it right on.

What you describe about small, long, flaky stools is exactly how I was in the beginning stages of my recovery. I think it was from lack of fiber and limited diet as well. As time goes on, you will see improvement with this. I found that when I was able to add more foods along with taking the Florastor, my stools bulked up. For some reason with me, once I was able to eat red meats, my stools bulked up significantly. I know that red meats are not a possibility for many though. I started off with grilled chicken, and added new foods slowly to make sure I could tolerate them. Also, I know some on this site have taken Citrucel or Metamucil to bulk things up too.

-Lisa

zinnia1
Regular Contributor

Postby zinnia1 » Fri May 29, 2015 11:50 am

THank-you Lisa33 ( my name is Lisa too!) what you are describing sounds similar. I have not done red meats for a long time any way due having my gallbladder out a few years ago and I find fattier food tough to digest- and a hamburger on a road trip a year ago about killed me- nothing like holding your breath and gut long the Ohio and PA turnpikes waiting to dash into a funky gas station restroom- and hanging out there while husband and son wait by the car. ugh. I am eating a lot of chicken now, and was wild and crazy w/a turkey burger the other night- no cheese…
Started culturele this week. Will start a citracel tab next. !/2 way thru vanco course despite neg test- think the indian and thai food was culprit…. but now I have to finish. Hopefully anything bad left in my gut will be destroyed!!!!

Ashley20
Regular Contributor

Postby Ashley20 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:05 pm

Hi Lisa, i remembered reading this post a while ago and today i understand why you were so happy! :) i had the most normal poop today, and i am so happy. I dont know what i did different, i hope it happens again tomorrow...i been drinking a peppermint mocha latte at starbucks every day this week...maybe its the coffee..lol. Hope you and your family have a great weekend.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:36 pm

Peppermint is given for IBS - they sell capsules of it to take. Maybe it is the peppermint. Happy for you. Something to give thanks for tomorrow.

Return to “Too Much Information”