This might be a strange question

Since c-diff is a disease of the "lower half", so to speak, we find that many of our members cannot refrain from discussing what comes out the bottom end. If you must do it, please do it here.
Jackie25
Regular Contributor

This might be a strange question

Postby Jackie25 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:20 pm

Hello all! I hope everyone had a great weekend and is making progress in recovery and healing! I have been feeling great lately, back home in Texas :) I currently use the bathroom. 2-3 times a day all very formed and normal looking which I'm thankful for. But I do have a new question that might be a little strange....has any had gas during recovery that resulting in what looks like a small amount of mucus coming out when wiping? This happened to me this morning. Didn't really scare me or anything just have never exoerienced it before. I thought maybe it was from a few bites of different new foods I've had since coming home. Couple bites of pizza day before yesterday, salad dressing, a few M&Ms yesterday, etc. Im sure there were other new foods but I can't remember what they were. So maybe it's an IBS symptom? Or maybe just a normal part of recovery? Just wondering if anyone else has ever had the same thing happen to the befor :) Thank you for any input any May have! Happy Sunday all :)

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Re: This might be a strange question

Postby beth22 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:06 pm

Yes, it happens. Usually M means some type of inflammation and when you introduce foods that you haven't eaten, I guess it can cause an inflammatory response. Try to introduce slowly. Sometimes, when I get C this happens too. I guess when the stool is harder to pass it can also irritate the tissues and cause the M.

Jackie25
Regular Contributor

Postby Jackie25 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:13 pm

Thank you for the response! I figured that must've been the cause, but I've also noticed having to push a little harder to use the bathroom so maybe the firmer stools could be a cause like you also said!

I also experienced a BM today that was green, which I have never seen in my life. I have eaten more avacado than usual, and egg whites which are a new food. And a little bit of lettuce last night (but I've had a small amount of lettuce before) is the green stool something to worry about? Other than the one time it was that color I don't have any other issues with BMs lately! Just wanted to see if it was a cause for concern or something that happens sometimes to people!

EDIT: I just remembered I ate a whole roll of sushi yesterday, maybe the seaweed in addition to the avacados could've caused the green?

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:40 pm

This is common with C diff. I would not eat sushi particularly if it is not cooked at all.

Jackie25
Regular Contributor

Postby Jackie25 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:02 pm

Bobbie- the green is common even while in recovery? The sushi I ate was just a California roll (just veggies and rice. I don't do raw anything I think it's gross!)

roy
Administrator

Postby roy » Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:12 pm

Check the avocado
For some animals it's a deadly poison!
We tolerate it but be cautious
Roy

Jackie25
Regular Contributor

Postby Jackie25 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:32 pm

Thanks for the info Roy! I've never heard of poisones avacados!!!

justme
Long Time Contributor

Postby justme » Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:45 pm

What goes in, must come out. This applies to color also. The reason our poop is usually brown is because that is the color when it's all mixed together. I agree about the mucus too, especially when straining.

As to sushi. I must correct something for the record. Here in Hawaii we have a strong Japanese influence and sushi is a very popular food group. Sushi is rice mixed with vegetables and sometimes raw fish or canned chicken with mayo and then rolled into a long cylinder of dry seaweed, fish eggs (roe), or sesame seeds and cut into round pieces . The term for raw fish is Sashimi - not sushi. People here and in Japan eat Sashimi just plain without rice, or cut up and mixed with soy sauce and green onions and that's called poki. And then there is the very very popular musubi - rice formed into a rectangle on top of a slice of spam and covered by a slice of dried seaweed.

Aloha from Hawaii.
Anne

Jackie25
Regular Contributor

Postby Jackie25 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:07 pm

Thank you Anne for your kind words! And the info on the differences between sushi/sashimi. I never knew that :) here in Texas it's all referred to as "sushi" lol I didn't feel too concerned about the color as I'm trying not to let little things like this while I'm healing affect my anxiety like it usually would! But I figured i would ask just to be on the safe side. I now recall a poster saying when they ate sushi or seaweed they're stool got darker/greener so maybe it is from that. I did eat an entire roll on my own which I usually do not do.

I think one of the hardest things while recovering is trying to finally admit to yourself "maybe I am really just getting better" and not let the little things like random soft BMs or cramps or green stool set you back mentally!
Last edited by Jackie25 on Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

justme
Long Time Contributor

Postby justme » Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:17 pm

Jackie: Amen!! I've had a very hard time admitting that I am actually recovering since it has taken so so long (2 years and I still have some pain in the colon). It's when you look back at how you felt before, that you realize how much better you feel now that you can finally accept that you're healing. You'll worry less as time goes on. What's really a shame is how the word "antibiotic" used to bring such hope and now it brings dread.
Aloha,
Anne

Jackie25
Regular Contributor

Postby Jackie25 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:22 pm

Couldn't have said it better myself! Anytime before c diff that I was I'll i loved getting a quick fix from the popular amoxicillin and knew I'd feel better in 3 days tops! Now....I wanna cry at the thought of taking any antibiotic. Such a shame, but it is what it is! What's done can't be undone, all we can do is stay positive and look at how far we have come!

GCTrailRunner
Contributor

Postby GCTrailRunner » Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:17 am

I just had a bright green bm this morning - really soft. Scared me - I haven't seen that color - well....since I was sick. I had spinach pizza two nights ago but have had spinach before and never had this color. Hope everything is okay.....
Gloria

Lisa33
Long Time Contributor

Postby Lisa33 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:57 am

Spinach will definitely make your BM green! The green usually comes from what you ate. It usually goes away in a couple of days if it's from food.

Also, I know I am responding late to this Jackie, but I had the same M experiences many times during recovery.

roy
Administrator

Postby roy » Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:05 pm

If it hops it was probably a frog!

Lisa33
Long Time Contributor

Postby Lisa33 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:13 pm

LOL a frog! Green poop seems to be the topic of conversation on a couple of threads today! LOL

Return to “Too Much Information”