Two years out. having symptoms again.

Since c-diff is a disease of the "lower half", so to speak, we find that many of our members cannot refrain from discussing what comes out the bottom end. If you must do it, please do it here.
cfierro
Contributor

Two years out. having symptoms again.

Postby cfierro » Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:31 pm

Hello everyone. I am hoping someone maybe has the same experience they can share to ease my mind. I recently started using estrace vaginal cream as I am Post menopause and was starting to have issues down there. I started last Friday. On Monday out of nowhere stomach felt off and had diarrhea. After my back really hurt and so did my legs. Tuesday, I went and it was a limpy solid. But I was still bloated and having back pain and was really gassy after I ate. This morning it was like mud pie. I am getting scared. I want to know if maybe it's ffrom the hormone cream? I am using the smallest dosage pea sized. Or what if I just have cdiff again. Any experiences would be appreciated.

roy
Administrator

Re: Two years out. having symptoms again.

Postby roy » Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:02 pm

Its doubtful if its c.diff unless the frequency returns as well.
Some will say get tested but unless classic symptoms return most good Drs would, or at lease should be aware that you could possibly test positive because of colonisation.
Watch the symptoms but frequency is key to the diagnosis in most cases.

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:55 pm

I remember you.did you ever post in Success Stories?

I am prone to c diff - three bouts - and have been on Estrace for years without a problem. This could be a GI bug. Check with a pharmacist re Estrace. Doubt if you have c diff after all this time.

seekingcure
Long Time Contributor

Postby seekingcure » Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:01 am

Here's a link to side effects of Estrace. http://www.livestrong.com/article/68445 ... ace-cream/ I use it and don't have any issues, but apparently it can cause diarrhea, gas and bloating sometimes. Check with your doctor.
Bea

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:06 am

The same thing happens to me. Before c diff, I could use Estrace without problems, but since then I can't. The gyn told me that our intestines have estrogen receptors that take up the Estrace. It can cause IBS in some women. It did for sure with me. He said that if you use it more, then less and less will get absorbed because the lining of the vaginal walls thickens and that perhaps the symptoms would stop, but I did not want to ride it out to see. I doubt it is c diff. There was another poster a few years ago - Jan something, that had the same problem with Estrace.

cfierro
Contributor

Postby cfierro » Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:14 pm

Thanks for responding everyone. I haven't posted \under success stories because to be honest I am afraid I will jinx myself.

NikaNik
Long Time Contributor

Postby NikaNik » Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:02 pm

Hi, cfierro! Did you ever have a test (if anything, just to ease your mind?). I wouldn't think you would relapse this far out due to this cream. How are you feeling today?

cfierro
Contributor

Postby cfierro » Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:16 am

I didn't get a test but things settled down after a few days. I think it may have been the estrace or I took a big spoon of d mannose that day.

Return to “Too Much Information”