Hopefully still recovering?

Since c-diff is a disease of the "lower half", so to speak, we find that many of our members cannot refrain from discussing what comes out the bottom end. If you must do it, please do it here.
Jackie25
Regular Contributor

Hopefully still recovering?

Postby Jackie25 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:13 am

Good morning everyone! I hope anyone reading is having a good day so far dealing with this horrible infection or the after effects it tends to leave behind with some of us.

I have been off all medication for over 3 weeks now, I use the bathroom anywhere from 1-3 times a day. Usually they are well formed, sometimes a tad soft but I think that may just be my new normal. Which I am very much okay with as I feel great! My only question or concern regardig BMs is this, has anyone during recovery ever experienced what begins as a very normal firm stool (not appearing soft at all) that then ends in very soft pieces that seem to be what one may call mushy? I've experienced this a few times and didn't really think very much of it, but im curious if anyone else has had this before.

I recently decided to try and lessen the amount of probiotics I take on a daily basis to see if maybe they were responsible for some if the softness I have. So I currently (as of yesterday) eat 1 activia yogurt a day, one dose of vsl3, and 2 florastor.

As I am a newbie in the recovery department, I have been told I would have a range of new symptoms and consistencies when it comes to stool. I don't feel worried or anxious about this random small amounts of mush, but is it okay to have? Or has anyone else had something like this and still been ok, continuing down the path of recovery and healing?

seekingcure
Long Time Contributor

Re: Hopefully still recovering?

Postby seekingcure » Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:16 am

It really sounds like you are having a perfectly normal recovery. I have experienced stools that were all over the place, including ones like you describe all the way to watery diarrhea, and I have tested negative for c-diff since November of 2013. Many times during the last two years, I have been absolutely certain the c-diff was back, only to test negative.

Sounds like a good plan to decrease the probiotics some and see how that works. Once you are off the antibiotics for c-diff, you may not be able to tolerate as many probiotics because there is no longer an antibiotic killing part of them.

I'm glad to hear that you are feeling so well. Many of us didn't feel well for a long time after c-diff. Sounds like you are doing great.
Bea

Dobies#1
Long Time Contributor

Postby Dobies#1 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:17 am

It sounds like you're recovery is going normal. It's been over a year and a half since I finished CDiff treatment. I get the "combo" stools still. I had slight IBS before CDiff. Since CDiff my IBS has gotten worse unfortunately. I take one Florastor a day. Sometimes I'll take two though.

Jackie25
Regular Contributor

Postby Jackie25 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:56 pm

Thank yall so much for the replies! I'm glad others have experienced the same thing. I will definitely keep trying to gradually decrease the probiotics and see if that helps any with the softness I sometimes get. It's so nice to come on this site and get feedback so readily from others who are or have been in my shoes. Thank yall!

Return to “Too Much Information”