Roundish white pieces?

Since c-diff is a disease of the "lower half", so to speak, we find that many of our members cannot refrain from discussing what comes out the bottom end. If you must do it, please do it here.
NikaNik
Long Time Contributor

Roundish white pieces?

Postby NikaNik » Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:31 am

Almost the entire time I've had c. diff (since January of this year) I've noticed that my stool, when formed, has tiny round white pieces in it. When I had D I didn't notice as much because it was like a pile of mush. I've seen a couple posts on here about this but they seemed to be from a while ago. My GI said it's probably mucus but I wanted to hear from anyone else who notices it. Some days it's more apparent than others.

Also, does anyone get the stools that come out fast/gassy and are broken apart into many floating pieces? I had one today and got nervous because I had one like that before my last relapse (but now I'm on day 5 of Dificid and so far so good). It's so odd! I hate going and I hate looking in the bowl!

Tonja13
Regular Contributor

Re: Roundish white pieces?

Postby Tonja13 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:09 pm

Yep...white pieces. Common. I think they are always there, we just notice them more now because we are paying attention. I hit a point more recently where I wasn't noticing them as much. When I realized this, I made a point to look for them--sure enough--they are still there. They are less noticeable now, but my stool has been gradually regaining the brown color and it's darker now. I think the lighter the stool, the easier they are to see. I really think they are normal. (We eat food--what goes in, must come out!) You may want to look at the most recent threads by myself and a couple others in the last day or so about over-analyzing our stool...it may help you feel better.
Yep...the floaty/piecey/gassy...sounds right. I had a few of those on Dificid and shortly afterwards. I really think most of the time it's just an irritated, healing gut trying to push food through.

NikaNik
Long Time Contributor

Re: Roundish white pieces?

Postby NikaNik » Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:03 pm

Phew! Thank you, Tonja. The white pieces are so weird - like spotted poop. I thought it might be the Florastor as well but you're right - food, mucus, they could always be there but I never noticed before since my stool was darker before all this. This morning, I was in a meeting and then all of a sudden got that lovely urge to go. I remember the days I looked forward to going...to have a little poop break after my morning coffee. That was the life lol!

Return to “Too Much Information”